cd drive problem.

mooo

thecyberninja
A friend of mine upgraded about 1month ago on her old 98 box to windows 2000. All went well cept the cd drive is not reconized by windows. Well its reconized but it doesn't read any disc she puts in the drive. It is detected on boot and everything so this is where i am lost, wouldn't windows have just a generic driver for the cdrom or would it even need a driver? also any ideas on how solve this problem?

thanks in advance,

moooo

Spend 15 bucks on a new cd rom and just be done with it, since its prolly gonna be a headache everytime u reinstall windows I think its worth the money.

okie, i just got more info on it.. apparently she had adaptec ex cd creator on it, and uninstalled and she has read that this messes up the settings. The computer reconizes it and when she goes to device manager, it has the ! in front and it says some error 19. anyone have have problem before? or know how to solve it?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back