CD Drive Name Change

S

silky62678

Is there a way or a program that is able to change the name of the cd-rom drive? Im not talking about able to letter of the drive but the name of the drive. I have 2 drives one does say cd-rw drive and the other is a dvd drive but it doesnt say dvd drive. I would like that one to say dvd drive r something like that

Labeling CD-Roms

NO! The label for these drives is not established until a CD is installed. All CD's carry a label or a number.

i think he means when tehre is no cd in the drive. instead of saying "DVD Drive", it's saying "CD Drive".

Yeah, when there is not a cd inthe drive. I would like it to say DVD Drive, instead of CD Drive

If it is a DVD drive it should say DVD drive... Check my screenshot for instance (attached). The first is a DVD/CD-RW drive, like it says. The four others are Daemon Tools drives (emulated).

My DVD drive says DVD Drive, but my CD-RW drive says CD Drive. I've looked for ways to change it but haven't been successful. Oh well.

Hmm, interesting, my dvd drive doesnt say dvd, it just say cd drive. Im going to check if there any firmware for it

i'm pretty sure i've seen dvd drives labelled as "CD Drive" in xp before. it doesn't affect it's dvd capabilities... xp just has an odd way of figuring out how to label them. sometimes it's right and sometimes not.

though i have no idea how to change the label.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back