cd drawers ejecting

kev59

OSNN Senior Addict
how can i stop all my cd drawers ejecting automaticaly as i have a front fasia on and i fear it will burn out the eject motor

If something requests for the drive to open, I'm pretty sure it's just going to open. Most drives are designed to cease motion when they come up against resistance anyway, so you should be ok if it ever gets triggered by mistake.

Sure you have not got some sort of 'joke' loaded into your system. Something like 'Coke Gift'?

How well do you know your friends? :D

Hipster Doofus said:
Sure you have not got some sort of 'joke' loaded into your system...
Na that's not what the problem is. The problem is that some programs such as CloneCD, some other burning programs and I guess even the joke programs will open the cd rom drawer without confirmation from the user. This is extremely annoying if your case has a door as the cd rom will try to force the door open.
On my case (Coolermaster Wavemaster) if the DVD Burner drawer is told to open via software the drive opens instantly, puts pressure against the door, forces the door to open which then swings open, bounces back and hits the open cd rom drive. Not very pleasant I can assure you.

So far I haven't found any solution to this problem, apart from leaving the door open if you're using a program that you know can open the cd rom. Perhaps there is a way to disable windows from listening to the signal but I haven't been able to find anything.

Patrick

Most programs have an option to disable "Automatically Eject Disc" or whatever.

Wow you're right. CloneCD has a tickbox option "eject media" in the Tools > Settings > Drive Control menu. I never even noticed that before.
Thanks

Nero has the very same setting in its advanced options for anyone who wasn't aware. I find it annoying as well even though I don't have a door on the front of my PC.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back