CD Burning using XP pro

djchapple

OSNN Addict
I cannot get a cd burnt.

Can anyone tell me how to check that I have allowed XP pro to burn CDs?

I have a Teac DW224E DVD/CDRW combo. I have recently had to reinstall XP, before the install XP CD burning and nero both worked. Now neither work.

How can I check that XP recognises the Teac drive as a RW drive?

How can I get nero to work, or is there a better burning program?

Hi David,

To check if Xp is recognised your CD-RW, it should show up in device manager, if you have and yellow triangle thingies [/me couldn't think of a better word] right click on it and select up-date driver.

Also when you open my computer it should show as a DVD/CDRW Drive and not as a CD Drive.

I have read through your other post and was wondering if any of the excelent advice there helped you?

Nero can be a bit complexed when you first start using it, but it is one of the better burning softwares out there.

Have you tried just Xp's own burner software?

If so what errors are you getting?

You sound really phished off with this, but I'm sure the Guy's and Girl's here wil sort it for you.:)

Alan

Alan you have summed up the situation very well. I feel very p......o....

In Device manager I am told that I have a Teac DW224E DVD/CD ROM and all is working correctly!!!!!!

When goto My Computer and select the drive I am told that it is a DVD-CDRW drive.

When i select a file)s) for burning they are transferred to the special folder. When i select the drive and tell it to burn the files a window appears and a progress bar is progressed and it appears that the files are being burnt. However when I go to the drive there is nothing on the disc.

Nero still refuses to recognise the drive, all i have is a virtual drive.

As I stated previously both XP and Nero used to work OK until I reformatted and reinstalled everything.

This getting more weird. Previously i have always tried to burn using write only discs - and with no luck.

I have just inserted a read/write disc and neri InCD started so i tried copying files to the drive as one would with a hard drive or floppy and IT WORKED???

Why does Nero InCD recognise the drive whereas Nero will not.

Could it be a problem with the discs?

Is there any way you can get hold of another make of disc to give that a try?

I remember I got some of those coloured [colored for our U.S. Members :)] and my software just woulnd't do anything with them.

Alan

Hm,

Just read your post again.

Isn't there some issue with Nero IncD and Xp? or is that EasyCD's version?

Maybe some one else will let you know if there is.

Alan

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back