cd burning question.

oDin

xp m0nk3y
i want to write to a cd that i burnt awhile ago but did not close. i opened up nero and selected muiltisession. it game me some wacky error saying that i didn't burn the cd as a multisession cd so i couldn't do it. how do i write to the cd??

this may seem like a silly question but i hate making coasters and this is my last cd.

thanks for your help
oDin.

Chances are you wont be able too ..... have you tried to use the XP built in app??

I may be wrong, but I believe that if you did not use the multisession mode to burn the cd the first time, you will not be able to use it (multisession) now to add to the cd - even though you did not close it!

Originally posted by Kermit
Chances are you wont be able too ..... have you tried to use the XP built in app??

if i use xps' app i can just drag and drop it righ?...will try it

"A+, MCP, MCSE, LPIC Level 1, CNA ".... and you're asking US!?

hmm.

Teddy - that's what I like about you m8 - I thought it - you said it!:p

Originally posted by Teddy
"A+, MCP, MCSE, LPIC Level 1, CNA ".... and you're asking US!?

hmm.

i have never played around with multisession burning before. cds are cheap, so i would just burn it no matter what size it was. a friend suggested i try multisession burning becaused it pissed him off that i would burn a 10mb cd and leave all that empty space unused.

anyways it worked. i ended up using nero instead of the built in xp app(never used it, don't trust it). just clicked continue multisession. don't know what i did before, but it worked find now.

learn somethin' new every day eh

Edit: why can't i spell god....WHY?

oDin - for future reference. I normally start with a "new cd", select Start Mulitsession disk and then select New. Do my burning and then the next time I want to add to it, I pop in the cd, select Continue Multisession and it will read the cd and list all that is on it and ask if you want to continue - or something like that - it's been awhile!

Then you add your new info/data/whatever and burn it!

I am sure there are more folks here who know more about NERO than I do that will be glad to help "learn more about it".

;)

BTW - there is a new version of NERO - 5.5.10.7 I think it is!

if ya didnt burn it multisession ya cant add multisession to it its closed done and finished...what ya can do is start a new cd project in nero make sure ya set it to multi session and add all the files from that cd to the new one (not to mention the new files ya wanna add ) and then burn it and you will be able to add more data to it later using multi session

Originally posted by Majin
if ya didnt burn it multisession ya cant add multisession to it its closed done and finished...what ya can do is start a new cd project in nero make sure ya set it to multi session and add all the files from that cd to the new one (not to mention the new files ya wanna add ) and then burn it and you will be able to add more data to it later using multi session

are you sure???....when i first burnt the cd a month ago or so. i know of a fact that i had the no mulitsession button selected. i never 'closed' the cd. then i wrote it. all i did now was select continue multisession drag the file in. a warning popped up saying something how this wasn't a nero multisession cd blah blah blah. it worked. at least now i know how to do it properly.....

thanks for the help guys!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back