CD Burning Products Picks and Pans

E

Elaine

I've been remarkably lucky with my CD burning. No problems with Roxio, Nero (my fav), XP, MusicMatch, whatever software. No problems with TDK (my fav), Smart and Friendly, HP burners. Also, no problems with about 15 various brands of media (although my fav is Memorex)EXCEPT one. I have an astronomical coster rate with Imation. Is it me or is their hype bogus?

REally you have problems with memorex? thats odd, I love memorex and have never burned a coaster

As for imation...some imation...sucks MAJORLY, I only use imation for cheap data back up, I never use them for music as the quality comes out horrible.

You asked what kind of burners I use. At home. I have a HP 6X external (8201) and an internal TDK 16X VeloCD. At work I use a Smart and Friendly (don't you just love that name?) Rocket 12X SCSI. For me, Imation bites.

I use nothing but Imation and have never had any trouble with them perfect for data and nothing wrong as audio cds!! quality wise they sound the same as the original cd!! ... maybe your CDRW dont like em!..

As for Memorex, ive never ever had a succesfull burn with them!

I use a RICOH 9060 Internal 6x and I have never had a problem with MEMOREX.

Imation SUX!!!

i have used hundreds of memorex discs......never had a prob :)

I use nothing but Imation. I had one bad batch that about 6 cd's in a row became coasters, but other than that, I have yet to have a problem. BTW, I only use the white inkjet printable ones.

I have a 12x8x32 CD-RW by LG Electronics.
It's actually a Sony clone, come to find out.

I've tried quite a few brands, and the only one I've had a problem with is CompUSA's store brand. I bought a 25-CD Spindle of their colored CDs, and EasyCD kept spitting them out 5 minutes into a burn.

My friend's household swears by Memorex CD-R's, and I just picked up a 30-CD Spindle two weeks ago. Havent used many, but I haven't had a bad burn yet.

As for using cheap media for HD backups...why not get a set of CD-RWs?

Oh, and for software, I swear by Nero. I started out with EasyCD, but I was sick of DirectCD's bullshit formatting.

CD's

I've used Imation...funky.....Memorex & Sony's, no bummer burns at all with my Teac 8x burner.....

I've tried burning with the XP & Media Player features, waste of time, in my opinion, so I use Nero...sweet

personally, if you want quality cdrs and have a lil bit of extra money to spend, mitsui is the way to go.

otherwise, i'll give my cdr business to TDK.

cd's

Ahhh...TDK, forgot about those : ) No problems with them, either

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back