cd burning problems on XP !!HELP!!

R

Rix

I have cd burning problems with my plextools, Nero 5.5 and Mediaplayer. It doesn't matter what I choose, it cannot finish the burning process. A couple of weeks ago I even got a crash with the Nero (and Nero is updated for XP)
It must have something to do with my cache or bios but I don't know what to do or how to restore.
I have a AMD Athlon 1.00 Ghz, 256 mb of ram, XP Professional. Plextor cd burner.
I've updated my drivers already.

Do I have to update my bios (??) and if so how do i do it. Please help me, I really don't know what to do.

Note: in the beginning using cd burning under XP worked alright but after making some compilation with wav files and/or mp3 it started crashing.

Rix

Go to your motherboard's manufacturer site and look for your latest bios update. Be warned, read EVERYTHING and follow their instructions to the letter about flashing your bios, you mess that up and you'll have a no ghz paperweight. That said there's no reason to be afraid, just careful. It's a straight forward process that just requires you to pay attention to the details. This may not cure your problem but it's a good first step.

hmmmm....

What makes u think it has anything to do with you bios/cmos ?

MdSalih

Had similar problem. let me guess would not complete a disc at once session?? Install 5.5.6.4, So far it is working fine for me. I have creative 12/10/32 which most know is a rebadged Plextor.

hope it helps..
Look at my post about nero and 5.5.0.3.

i have the same problem , u need to remove plextools from your system it don't support xp

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back