CD Burning (Noob!)

S

Simian

Hi I'm a noob here... and I was wondering if you guy's could help...

I'm trying to burn some music discsbut I get nuffink but coasters!... :mad: (TraxData 10x media)

My system is Compaq Lappy (705ea), WinXP Home, Tosh SD-R2002 CD-RW/DVD combo (1Q35 - 4x4x24x6)(built-in), Nero 5.5.8.2 (classic not express), ASPI 4.70...

I tried uninstalling nero and re-installing... all kind's o' stuff...

Could this be Hardware or Software?!?...

Apart from the built-in burining (WinXP), Nero is the only burner I've got, uness you count EasyCD v4 on me K6II system...

I'll just have to burn on me old system untill I build/upgrade it!...

Is it possible to download EasyCD 5 (for XP) so I can demo it, I've looked on Roxio's website and can't find a demo...

sounds like your gettin buffer underruns, I'd suggest you try making an image to your HDD 1st b4 burning.. Nero has the option to create temp image 1st, this will create the CD as a file on your PC, and then burn from that. It takes slightly longer than normal, but should work.

Worth a shot at least :)

Hope that helps

Cheers m8 I'll give it a go and report back!... (when there are further problems.. :D )

Yay!... :D

It Worked!.. :cool:

Only took 4 mins to make the image (45min's Audio), then 16mins to burn that to CD!...

The Buffer (Record) seems to hover around 96% no matter what..

Cheers dude!..

Nero has never failed on me. I suggest burning at a lower speed.

Nero is good and all i but i tend to use a more newbish app when i burn music Cds its called fireburner u can get it from www.downloads.com

Also, try to close all programs except Nero. With your hard disk trying to swap data from one cd rom to the other, it's tough for it to keep up, especially with other programs running. I'm sure you probibly already knew that though...;)

or u could try WMP built in burnner ive used had sum good results but the prog i use most is mp3cd converter look it up on cnet or suchlike :D neva failed me yet and to rip cd's to mp3's i use alto mp3 maker built by the same dude i think :rolleyes: and thats neva failed me either :D

Originally posted by Simian
Yay!... :D

It Worked!.. :cool:

Only took 4 mins to make the image (45min's Audio), then 16mins to burn that to CD!...

The Buffer (Record) seems to hover around 96% no matter what..

Cheers dude!..

Pleased to help you m8 :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back