CD AutoRun application

NerdUprising

[ Method ]
anyone know of any *free* applications that will write autorun files to get a cd to...autorun when inserted?

I've reverse engineered some CDs as far as I could, and as far as I can tell, there is Autorun.inf, which points the computer towards some intermediary application which then runs the final application (I want it to launch a flash projector file "supplementary.exe")

If this were merely as simple as writing the autorun.inf file, I'd throw this thread into the coding forum, but I'm pretty sure I need another application to write this autorun application...

/takes breath

can anyone point me in the right direction?

I... am an idiot. as a little experiment to my better logic, I wrote a simple autorun myself, burned it... and it works happily. Pulling apart all kinds of professional CD's, I'm not surprised that I should think they are more complicated than they actually have to be for my purposes:

[autorun]
open=supplementary.exe

done. someone hit me in the face with a stick (lol) :p

Johnny said:
That don't always work dude ..

thank you captain grammar :)

I know it won't work always - hence the complicated autoruns on most professional discs. But this particular method worked for my humble purposes, therefore, problem solved :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back