CCNA question - third attempt to post

Son Goku

No lover of dogma
I guess this is the best place to ask. There's a networking hardware forum, but not general networking...

I just finished Cisco 4, as well as network troubleshooting (had finals last week, at the college I'm taking it, though the other college has finals in several weeks). I passed (many of the tests are online, so the grade is online and stuff also. I also got a 94% on the voucher exam, which is good for $75 off the CCNA test, the first time taking the exam.

The only thing, with some of the stuff we covered in Cisco 4, we weren't able to do any labs, as we don't have frame relay switches and the like, or an ISDN BRI or PRI account which students can use, to set the thing up... We of course did lecture on the material however...

If anyone else has taken the CCNA, about how much more preperation should one consider before taking the test? Anything else one should study ahead of time? Or would I be ready now?

Edit: The problem with creating threads seems solved for now

Oh, rofl, umm...actually I tried more like 30 times (well, OK 10-15 might have been more accurate)... Lets just say that in attempting, I tried making slight modifications to the thread, among several other combinations. I last had the thing set to preview post, and tried submission from there after I heard it was corrected :D

/BUMP

Hey Son Gosu, I was asked (yet again) if I finished my CCNA. When I did a search I found this thread. So, did you ever get it? And if so, what study materials or web sites did you use?

Thanks,

Mike A!

I got a Cisco ISDN router upstairs and two frame relay switches.

Used to have a hughes earthstation for mainframe communication, and the framerelay between our two locations. I have been meaning to take them home as i have *cough* the Cisco library for networking. I believe it includes all the emulated devices.

I was gonna use the ISDN router as a comm port between the coaxial on a old server i have and my home netwok as it only has two PCI ports and the onboard RJ-45 doesn't work.

Not to sound ungrateful, but HOW exactly is this gonna help me?

Thanks,

Mike A!

What all are you going to practice on?

As i said, laying around somewhere I have (I was told) the complete collection of Cisco educational software with all associated emulated devices. In flash, if I remember correctly.

I will have to look when I get home though.

Steevo said:
What all are you going to practice on?

As i said, laying around somewhere I have (I was told) the complete collection of Cisco educational software with all associated emulated devices. In flash, if I remember correctly.

I will have to look when I get home though.

Is it small enough to FTP, is that what you're telling me?

heh

Mike A!

Anyone know a default password for a Cisco 2500 series router. I have not the cabling here to reset it and don't want to drive back to work tonight. :p

hmm.. i think most of the time the user/pass is cisco/cisco for most cisco switches/routers..

edit: *doh* got beat.. on the reply..

fitz said:
hmm.. i think most of the time the user/pass is cisco/cisco for most cisco switches/routers..

edit: *doh* got beat.. on the reply..

His reply was 9 minutes ahead of you, someone needs to refresh more often :nervous:

cisco didn't work.

I will have to get a DB-9 and DB-25 adapter from work or a db-9, RJ-45 adapter. I believe we have both. So no go for tonight.

kcnychief said:
His reply was 9 minutes ahead of you, someone needs to refresh more often :nervous:

darn right i do.. that's what happens when I load a page and then my kids jump over me - takes me away from the keyboard for a little bit..

Steevo said:
cisco didn't work.

I will have to get a DB-9 and DB-25 adapter from work or a db-9, RJ-45 adapter. I believe we have both. So no go for tonight.

if this is right out of the box configuration with nothing done to it, you'll probably need the console cable since I don't think they allow remote access out in the out of the box configuration.

If remote is more than 3' away then yes..... they don't :D

It isn't a out of the box thing. It was a left over from us moving away from a earthstation. I need it to interface with a server I have here at home so I don't tie up one of the PCI slots.

The course doesn't really help when it comes to the test. There are short study courses around here that just prepare you just for the test. It's basically a two week cram course that focuses on the Cisco test and what might come up since if you try to remember everything in the course itself, you'll either fail or lose your sanity. Also, if you can, perhaps you can rent hardware from the school or institution so you can play with it at home. Thats what I did when I took it.

I dont need to rent hardware I have 3 x 2300 series routers and a 1910 10MB switch.
So I have about everything I need for the hardware, I was more looking for braindump questions, that type of thing.

Mike A!

:D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back