News CCleaner 2.28.1091

CCleaner is a freeware system optimization, privacy and cleaning tool. It removes unused files from your system - allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history. Additionally it contains a fully featured registry cleaner.

Changes in 2.28.1091:

- Added support for custom locations for applications.
e.g. CustomLocation1=FIREFOX|C:\MyFirefox\Profile
- Improved detection and cleaning algorithm for new releases of Mozilla based browsers.
- Added news tasks to W7 jumplist.
- Added new command line parameters: /CLEANER, /REGISTRY, /TOOLS and /OPTIONS.
- Improved MUI cache cleaning for Vista and Windows 7.
- Added drive information to Wipe Free space status.
- Improved Wipe MFT free space routines.
- Improved W7 toolbar feedback.
- Improved several core processes and routines.
- Improved file search algorithm when recursing.
- Added support for cleaning Paint Shop Pro 12.
- Improved support for IZarc and Axialis IconWorkshop.
- Minor GUI tweaks.

CCleaner standard contains Yahoo toolbar so if you do not want the toolbar installed on your system then get the slim version. Portable does not include an installer and portableU3 is for USB thumb drives.

:software: Download: CCleaner
:source: Source: CCleaner.com

Last edited:
it's a lil bit tricky to get the slim version now.. sneaky bastards :p

still a good program tho :]

N
Where are you seeing this CCleaner Lite? I downloaded from the only available link on there site, same version I always download..

The old url does not have the new build available, the link I changed it to did. Please get your facts right before jumping down my neck thanks.

Where are you seeing this CCleaner Lite? I downloaded from the only available link on there site, same version I always download..

well, they changed it to the bottom of the download page..

What does the Wipe Free space actually do?

if i remember correctly, writes zeros over the free space. more of a security feature.

if i remember correctly, writes zeros over the free space. more of a security feature.

that wouldn't be enough, I am hoping there is a more secure overwrite, something like nine passes, thre of 0's, three of 1's and three of random

simple 0's aren't going to overwrite anything for somoene who can do ferensics on a hardrive

that wouldn't be enough, I am hoping there is a more secure overwrite, something like nine passes, thre of 0's, three of 1's and three of random

simple 0's aren't going to overwrite anything for somoene who can do ferensics on a hardrive

The clean free space is awesome .. I use it at 35 passes. Usually set it and forget it ... :)

The old url does not have the new build available, the link I changed it to did. Please get your facts right before jumping down my neck thanks.

Yes I did have it wrong but you also pointed to the wrong page. Do not want the page that just lists standard build but the page that lists all the builds.

I corrected it.

oh i had no idea the 'wipe free space' option had extra settings

sounds cool then

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back