Catching up with my old friends

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
Man, seeing some old friends on the previous thread gets me all nostalgic, time to catch up with whoever comes by, I'll start it off and am REALLY looking forward to hearing from whoever still stops by;

Life is good, getting older then I ever thought I would get, I'm 61 now, most people didn't know my age since I changed it to one hundred on my profile some time back

Like most people, and everyone my age, lost some close family and good friends, we all know that's going to happen. The first close friend or relative you lose really hurts, then the next person leaves your life, that hurts more but you realize you're going to lose more and more and it's a part of life, this somehow makes the loss easier to take.

I've learned a few things from this, live every day as hard as you can live it, do the things you mean to do as soon as you can, take the hills and valleys as if you're on a great roller coaster, there are going to be highs, and then there will be those lows, it's the circle of life.

Lost my dad, ran into tough times liquidating my fathers estate, was embezzled, devastating emotionally, but that wound up for the better in the long run, that's a story that's too long to tell today.

Right now I'm on a new project, actually it's a pretty old project that I'm revisiting;

Before rappers delight, when "rap" was strictly underground, I had a restaurant in Jamaica Queens, because of my great relationship with the help, they introduced me to this underground sound now known as rap, I was enamored, I wrote and produced the first rap song, before rappers delight, it's because of my song rappers delight came to market.

I'm going to release that song and tell the real story documenting the history of pop rap in the near future and I'll give a heads up here when I get the story complete, lots of twists and turns.

Here's an interesting theory I'm talking to a pretty accomplished physics professor about, first the set up though;

Quite a few years ago, when I first found out about white holes, I postulated that since we're in an expanding and then compressing universe, we might be a black as it expands at the other end of it's cycle, had this discussion back then, some 40 years ago, I couldn't find that idea published and I'm pretty sure it was unique, that theory now carries some weight http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2014/02/140218-black-hole-blast-explains-big-bang/

So I have a new theory I think might be developed, I know most of you've read something about dark matter, you might've also read the working theory that we're a hologram, a computer program, http://www.iflscience.com/physics/2d-people-looking-out-3d-world

As soon as I read something on that theory I immediately thought "well if that's true, and if we're a program, then dark matter might be the operating system"

So now I'm talking to a pretty well known physicist about it, he's a childhood friend, he's going to look into the holographic theory to see if this dark matter is operating system theory can stand up to whatever tests they can devise to test

Back to this "we are a program" theory, think about this, everything is data, mass is just our perception in the running program, the smallest particles of mass might be the zeros and ones, (though I don't think the universe would be binary, there's no reason there can't be more data points in an operating system, ternary would be more efficient for our computers I think but we're stuck in legacy for a while, you know our dna stores info in the base 4 (A,T,C,G) not the base 2, and I believe we've had computers working in the base ten with a dekatron tube, though the neurons in our brain spiking might be considered a semi base 2)

I do go on don't I

anyway

WHAT'S UP WITH YOU?

Last edited:
Still above ground. Got a more regular job, though not a very exciting one nor one where my interests are but its money.

As you said Perris lost a few family members though was not all that close to them but it still sucked.

Otherwise I just show up here a couple times a day and clean any spam I see

Still above ground. Got a more regular job, though not a very exciting one nor one where my interests are but its money.

As you said Perris lost a few family members though was not all that close to them but it still sucked.

Otherwise I just show up here a couple times a day and clean any spam I see

Do tell, what is the job? Is it good pay or just getting by, hows love life?

Job is about 95 cents above minimum wage here in AZ. wish I could find a job more in area of my interests but those seem to few and far between in my area. Love life is lacking but thats in part cause I've not put much effort into it, sadly trying to pay off cc etc is higher on the list in my mind then a love life

Perris aka Dealer... always love hearing from you. I would be very interested in hearing this pre-Rappers Delight endevour. As much as I'm a rock musician, I love rap pre 1992 or so. UTFO was one of my first loves. I still regret not getting a chance to check out Les Paul at Iridium :(

Perris aka Dealer... always love hearing from you. I would be very interested in hearing this pre-Rappers Delight endevour. As much as I'm a rock musician, I love rap pre 1992 or so. UTFO was one of my first loves. I still regret not getting a chance to check out Les Paul at Iridium :(
Tell me about your life dreamer, been a while, much to tell

ps, pm your email addy and I'll send you a preview of the story, you'll get quite a kick

Hey peeps, I'm still browsing around now and again just plodding along in life.

I've been in the same job for 11 years this year in private day nursery looking after kids, I still love it although I do sometimes wonder what possessed me to want to look after other peoples kids. I'm 48 this year and the oldest member of staff, I own socks older than most of my colleagues and the kids parents for that matter LOL

Like you guy's I've lost some really close friends and family over the last few years, the older you get the more you realise how short life actually is.

Not much to tell. I quit my job about a year ago and returned to school to pursue a masters degree in computer science.
If you can go back to school do it, most want to but don't get the chance as life and obligations catch up with us

Hey peeps, I'm still browsing around now and again just plodding along in life.

I've been in the same job for 11 years this year in private day nursery looking after kids, I still love it although I do sometimes wonder what possessed me to want to look after other peoples kids. I'm 48 this year and the oldest member of staff, I own socks older than most of my colleagues and the kids parents for that matter LOL

Like you guy's I've lost some really close friends and family over the last few years, the older you get the more you realise how short life actually is.
Thanks for this Marge, you know over these years we've grown to love the relationships cultivated on this board, but never found out much of each other. Good to know the people we did fall in love with are good people after all.

One of the most important things we can do is have a positive influence on children, of course our own count but that's a parents job, when we can positively affect other parents kids, and love doing it, there aren't too many things better then that

Hey,

Life is crazy. I have had many issues over the years and I still do. I am currently overweight (and have been for at least 10 years now) struggling with food and related issues. I also have another health issue that I don't have much control over but am making some progress with that in recent years. Too complicated to explain here really.

For me jobs have always been bad. I have never really kept a job longer than 2 years, but most jobs are only ever a few months. I had my last job at a start-up app company doing support work, remotely at home which I loved. Due to some disagreements with the CEO I lost the job and have been in search for a new one for over a year now. So because jobs at modern companies doing support or coding or anything are so popular, and everyone in the world can apply, it's nearly impossible to find one (there is also not enough of them being posted I find). I am a bit lost now, not sure what I want to do for work, I don't really like support work. Though learning something new is hard, I was going to do programming but had issues and gave up. Note I dropped out of high school and only finished it years later by doing a co-op program. I am someone who wants to watch movies and shows, play video games and do things when I want to do them, jobs become a big issue.

So currently in life I am having issues with health and money lol. Though I guess it's a good thing I am 27 years old. I always look at myself as been old and have wasted time, it's sort of nice to hear other people talking about their life, being much older.

Make sure you guys follow me on my social networks if you have any interest in keeping up with my geeky related things.
Thanks for sharing bman, first, you haven't even begun your life, you won't have wasted it unless you give up trying.

One of my life principles is as follows;

"If you have a job you don't like, you deserve that job"

I believe it was Marc Antoni and he put it better; do a what you like doing and you'll never have to work, don't forget you can right your own apps and turn a profit.

My advice, if you get a job you like, just put it in a box, be yourself but understand everyone is going to be themselves, that makes it easier to stay with something if you want to.

As for health, I had two hips replaced over the last half dozen years, was always in decent shape till that happened, put on 60 pounds, have lost most of that weight and feel great now, but staying in shape takes SO much more work then a few years ago

Sorry to hear about your health issues, I sure hope they get resolved.

Hey everyone, feel free to friend request on facebook, make sure you message me about who you are as I won't recognize your real name

Last edited:
I am not getting email notifications, I don't know if I hit the right button or it's broke, I didn't even know there were responses on this thread

Do notifications work on this software?

So I checked my profile to see if the email is current, it is, then I looked in there to find my watched threads, it says I don't have any, however this thread tells me I am watching it and I am to receive emails, so I think something's wrong with the software

So I checked my profile to see if the email is current, it is, then I looked in there to find my watched threads, it says I don't have any, however this thread tells me I am watching it and I am to receive emails, so I think something's wrong with the software

Yea, mine is setup for emails and I don't seem to get them either.

Ok, so it's been ages since I've post here although I do pop in from time to time only to see there are no new posts.

For the ife of me I don't know where I lived when I last posted here so I'll start with where I was born LOL. Nahh

I was living in TX I believe. I had a few jobs in TX and was laid off from the last 2. With the last one I wasn't able to find another job so had to move back to AZ. Moved in with a friend whilst still looking for work. I was there for 6 months when I was hired on as Computer Operations Manager at a job in east bay of San Francisco (2 hours east of SF). Huge move, costing a lot of money that I didn't and still don't have. Live TX, I moved here not knowing a single person and aside from my co-worker and employees, I still don't know anyone.

That's it, pretty dull and boring. Good to see some familiar names and hope you're all doing well

[edit] Hah, totally forgot to mention ... I'm a 6 year stage 3 lung cancer survivor (hence the short hair) ... so YEAH ME!

Last edited:
really mad notifications aren't working on this board, would have wanted to answer this as soon as it was posted

Ok, so it's been ages since I've post here although I do pop in from time to time only to see there are no new posts.

For the ife of me I don't know where I lived when I last posted here so I'll start with where I was born LOL. Nahh

I was living in TX I believe. I had a few jobs in TX and was laid off from the last 2. With the last one I wasn't able to find another job so had to move back to AZ. Moved in with a friend whilst still looking for work. I was there for 6 months when I was hired on as Computer Operations Manager at a job in east bay of San Francisco (2 hours east of SF). Huge move, costing a lot of money that I didn't and still don't have. Live TX, I moved here not knowing a single person and aside from my co-worker and employees, I still don't know anyone.

That's it, pretty dull and boring. Good to see some familiar names and hope you're all doing well

[edit] Hah, totally forgot to mention ... I'm a 6 year stage 3 lung cancer survivor (hence the short hair) ... so YEAH ME!

Hardly boring Julie,, this really does feel like family catching up.

I had no idea you were going through these health issues, man, always knew you were one tough girl, hearing you're stage three survivor proves the fact, send me a pm if you want to trade email addresses, board notification doesn't work on this new software so staying in touch is tough

Sounds like you are in my neck of the woods now! I'm nested in Placerville but work in Folsom and school in Sacramento :) Welcome to CA

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I was never a huge player around here but I'll chime in.

Since OSNN I've more or less abandoned my taste for technology and have started moving into a life of outdoor activity and study. I'm trying to move away from movies and TV shows (I'm watching Star Trek TNG as I type this(not doing too well)) and get back to reading comedic stories and human experience books about life and consciousness. I am also entering into my last year of my BS degree at CSUS in Environmental Studies (petitioning for Environmental Science). I am doing an internship in May studying head waters to major rivers in the area and their adaptability to climate change. I also applied for an internship doing work for an ecological banking agency, and am waiting to hear back.

I've been with a woman for sometime now and I'm quiet in love with her. She is a vocal therapist for children with disabilities and is pursuing her master's degree to continue working with children. We will be in Moscow together this summer (she is from there) and I plan on proposing to her. *fingers crossed*

Other than school and giving up time for a future life I've been fairly relaxed and enjoying the unique bits of nature here in CA. I still have fond memories of these boards and all of you. Glad to see all your names pop up in this thread.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back