Catalyst 4.9 Beta

I would not recommend this as a download worth getting...

its got a few quirks... not bugs exactly but it has issues...

and its only good if you want to eek out @ best half an extra fps in Doom3 (in my experience)

I did not enjoy em and am getting rid of em asap (soon as I format later tonite :D )

just put it for news wise, i dont have an ati card yet, btw sazar which gfx card is the best regardless of the price, i havent been checking in a while, the 6800 ultra? or the x800xt

depends...

right now you are more likely to find a 6800GT than either an Ultra or an x800xt PE...

they both have their advantages and disadvantages but for the most part they are reasonably similar in performance...

I think a 6800 GT oc is the best bet for you right now :)

I just find that either of those cards is just too expensive for what it is ... I think both ATI and Nvidia have gone too far now with the prices and what they are selling is just not worth that kind of money.

just my 2 cents

Used 4.9 beta to get a little more performance out of Doom 3. My system developed a new feature that automatically restarted it every so often. Went back to Omega drivers. There are better ways to get better performance from Doom 3 on ATI cards.

im definitely still on the 4.7... and i thought 4.8 was beta so how the heck is there a 4.9 beta

wait i think ati should hire omega or nvidia lol

prodj88 said:
im definitely still on the 4.7... and i thought 4.8 was beta so how the heck is there a 4.9 beta

It's a Doom 3 hotfix that gives ATI cards better performance in Doom 3. Apparently ATI thinks Doom 3 is that important to actually release a hotfix drivers for it.

They are more for the X800 I got nothing from them with my 9600XT

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back