Catalyst 4.9 Beta

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
I would not recommend this as a download worth getting...

its got a few quirks... not bugs exactly but it has issues...

and its only good if you want to eek out @ best half an extra fps in Doom3 (in my experience)

I did not enjoy em and am getting rid of em asap (soon as I format later tonite :D )

Kush

High On Life!
just put it for news wise, i dont have an ati card yet, btw sazar which gfx card is the best regardless of the price, i havent been checking in a while, the 6800 ultra? or the x800xt

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
depends...

right now you are more likely to find a 6800GT than either an Ultra or an x800xt PE...

they both have their advantages and disadvantages but for the most part they are reasonably similar in performance...

I think a 6800 GT oc is the best bet for you right now :)

Shamus MacNoob

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political User
I just find that either of those cards is just too expensive for what it is ... I think both ATI and Nvidia have gone too far now with the prices and what they are selling is just not worth that kind of money.

just my 2 cents

vern

Dominus
Political User
Used 4.9 beta to get a little more performance out of Doom 3. My system developed a new feature that automatically restarted it every so often. Went back to Omega drivers. There are better ways to get better performance from Doom 3 on ATI cards.

vern

Dominus
Political User
prodj88 said:
im definitely still on the 4.7... and i thought 4.8 was beta so how the heck is there a 4.9 beta
It's a Doom 3 hotfix that gives ATI cards better performance in Doom 3. Apparently ATI thinks Doom 3 is that important to actually release a hotfix drivers for it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut