Catalyst 3.9 Control Panel/DVD question

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hi Guys,

I would like to use the ATI DVD player with my catalyst 3.9 control panel. I can't seem to install it into the Control Panel. (ATI DVD Player 5.0). Is there something that I am missing?
There is an error window that comes up and says "Installation cannot detect ATI hardware."

Thanks in advance.

Heeter

Okay, I thing I figured it out.

I don't have the All in Wonder 9600pro, so this won't install, I think.
Not even the Multimedia center will install on my machine. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance,

Heeter

the mmc consists of many items.. you should be able to use everything except the tv window...

when you are installing components for mmc... make sure you do it as stated on the ati website...

you need to have your cd inserted so the dvd thinger can check to ensure you have a valid product and it will dl the decoder...

you should be able to use all components of the mmc like I said cept for the obvious one :D

OOOHH, Okay

have the my catalyst cd in player while while installing the DVD,

I will try that.

Heeter

Originally posted by Heeter
OOOHH, Okay

have the my catalyst cd in player while while installing the DVD,

I will try that.

Heeter

it should have prompted you when you tried to install the software from www.ati.com

thats for the latest stuff... you should have a dvd decoder installed when installing your drivers from the cd in the first place...

:confused:

as far as mmc is concerned.. I could run it back when I had a radeon 7200... so it certainly works with other cards :D

Hey ya I have left my 9800 catalyst driver disk at home (currently at university) does anyone know a link for the whole cd so i can download it ?? otherwise i have to wait 6 weeks :(

Originally posted by indyjones
Hey ya I have left my 9800 catalyst driver disk at home (currently at university) does anyone know a link for the whole cd so i can download it ?? otherwise i have to wait 6 weeks :(

that would actually fall under a warez request... reason being each cd is supposed to be the full and valid retail version (or OEM) in order for you to receive mmc updates beyond a certain level...

best thing would be to get someone @ home to mail you the cd...

you can dl the mmc player except for one component which you kinda need...

wmp has dvd capabilities built in however so you should be able to use that...

err ok then its just someone requested where they could find the cd for the compleate audigy suite.....and it was given so did not see the problem...

err ok then its just someone requested where they could find the cd for the compleate audigy suite.....and it was given so did not see the problem...

audigy drivers you can dl w/o requirement of the audigy cd.. you just need the hardware...

for some reason ati has decided that the latest mmc can only be used by their newer video cards and if people with the older cards want to upgrade beyond a certain build they need to subscribe.. its a nominal fee even so...

the cd basically acts as validation... thats all indy...

but i am sure you can see what i am saying... :)

-edit- btw I am not sure if ati are still allowing free upgrades beyond a point for some types of cards or for all... I have not followed up on that...

Hi Sazar,

I installed the CD contents of my 9600Pro into my computer. It has Hydravision(?), CD and DVD player. Exactly what I wanted. Does this install return my display drivers back to catalyst 3.6 (or whatever came on that cd)? Or does it know well enough that 3.9 was installed and that the older version did not install? At a glance how can I tell which version is in my machine? At this point, should I reinstall DX9B?

Thanks,

Heeter

Sazar,

Would this help you, (Screenshot)

Heeter

Originally posted by Sazar
audigy drivers you can dl w/o requirement of the audigy cd.. you just need the hardware...

for some reason ati has decided that the latest mmc can only be used by their newer video cards and if people with the older cards want to upgrade beyond a certain build they need to subscribe.. its a nominal fee even so...

the cd basically acts as validation... thats all indy...

but i am sure you can see what i am saying... :)

-edit- btw I am not sure if ati are still allowing free upgrades beyond a point for some types of cards or for all... I have not followed up on that...

Ok i see your point although creative does have more than just drivers on the cd that are not posted on their web anyhow. Checked out the ati website and your quiteright it is needed as validation so i guess it is kinda copyrighted and hence breaks forum guidlines sorry :eek:

Sazar,

Would this help you, (Screenshot)

Heeter

hang on... I'll get you what you need

-edit-

ok here you go...

http://www.ati.com/support/products/radeonwinxppreviousdrivers.html

scroll all the way down to the version BEFORE the first mmc 8.x release... that is all free.. no validation required... even indyjones can dl the dvd player from there.. its not much changed since so it should be fine..

the version is for AIW cards but the main difference is tv... you don't need tv functionality anyways so you can use the rest... or just dl and install the dvd player...

ati dvd player

Ok i see your point although creative does have more than just drivers on the cd that are not posted on their web anyhow. Checked out the ati website and your quiteright it is needed as validation so i guess it is kinda copyrighted and hence breaks forum guidlines sorry :eek:

nah its ok indy... :D

I am not a big fan of the validation process... however thats why I recommended just having someone mail you the cd... it cant be that expensive..

or you can use an alternative dvd player till then :D

-edit- or read the above post for info...

ta...

Can I install the Catalyst 3.9 on top of this install? Will is erase the MMC and DVD install?

Thanks, Sazar

Heeter

Can I install the Catalyst 3.9 on top of this install? Will is erase the MMC and DVD install?

Thanks, Sazar

Heeter

well you can install the dvd player separate... you don't need mmc per se :)

you should be able to install cat 3.9's over it though...

Right on, Sazar.

Everything is in it's place. Catalyst 3.9, MMC with the DVD player

Thanks,

Heeter

Right on, Sazar.

Everything is in it's place. Catalyst 3.9, MMC with the DVD player

Thanks,

Heeter

congrats :cool:

Sazar,

I do have I more question. Do I need to reinstall DX9B? I did install it when I installed "Call of Duty". Would it in any way be corrupted with this wave of catalyst installs?

Heeter

it shouldn't be...

COD has lots of known issues with it currently anyways :)

but your installing of all this stuff should not cause problems... dx9b does not need to be reinstalled afaik..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back