Catalyst 3.8 Download!

What's " These additions allow gamers to activate exciting pixel shader effects in any Direct3D or OpenGL application" all about?

Sounds interesting. I'm downloading now.

Thanks again HandyBuddy, always seem to get em first!

Originally posted by Teddy
What's " These additions allow gamers to activate exciting pixel shader effects in any Direct3D or OpenGL application" all about?

Sounds interesting. I'm downloading now.

Thanks again HandyBuddy, always seem to get em first!

http://www.beyond3d.com/reviews/ati/cat3.8/

scroll down to see the effects that you can add :)

Oh man! Those effects are so neat, even if they're only neat for a few minutes. I can't wait to get another Radeon.

Tons of other features too!

Pumped my 3d mark score up by 114 points. Graphics look a little sharper also. Haven't played with the advanced settings yet,but it will be fun when i do!

are you guys actually seeing an increase w/ these drivers (fps or performance)? I installed then and saw both decrease :( ... a buddy of mine saw the same thing so I was just wondering how the rest of you faired w/ them?

Any one here read the forums at Rage 3D? There is quite a few people that reacon that the Cat 3.8's are causing Hardware Failures in Cards and Monitors

Working fine here.
Counter-strike works great now (alt tab and gameplay)

personally i saw a decrease in performance and then started reading about the hardware issues that are happening and went back to the cat 3.7

Better safe than sorry.

Just saw this on the NVidia Det Driver Download page....

# New performance and compatibility fixes – please consult the v45.23 Release Notes
# The industry's only true Unified Driver Architecture (UDA) - supports over five generations of NVIDIA GPUs - from TNT to GeForce FX - all in a single driver binary
# The industry’s best Microsoft® DirectX® 9 support

:rolleyes:

there are only a couple of monitors and other hardware issues that have been raised in total that were being attributed to the cat's...

of course when you think about it... some of the guys were using cat 3.6's/3.7's at the time and someone with an nvidia card also blamed the cat's :p

anyways... if you know how hardware works and the problems that have been attributed to the cat 3.8's... you will know it is impossible for them to cause the harm they are supposed to have caused...

ignorant users are the bane of soceity...

I remember when the Catalyst 3.1 came out. My dog got hit by a car that day. :( But he's ok now! Stupid Catalyst drivers.

Originally posted by HandyBuddy
I remember when the Catalyst 3.1 came out. My dog got hit by a car that day. :( But he's ok now! Stupid Catalyst drivers.

lol...

those evil evil drivers...

DIE ATI DIE...

I shall download the 3.8s while i wait for my powercolor 9800 to arrive :)

Originally posted by indyjones
I shall download the 3.8s while i wait for my powercolor 9800 to arrive :)

good luck ... even w/out hardware damage possiblity anymore they still don't seem to help performance any :(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back