Catalyst 3.5s

Teddy

Boogie Nights...!
How are people doing with these?

Any major improvements or issues?

Originally posted by Teddy
How are people doing with these?

Any major improvements or issues?

they are working fine.. have yet to play any games other than RTCW and so far... so good :)

I think these might fix the pollog.txt and pollst.txt bugs.
Going to install them now... :)

They do fix that error NetRyder, that was some debugging info left on by mistake. CS bug is present (Steam)

No idea if it is Steam or the drivers tho...

Originally posted by Electronic Punk
They do fix that error NetRyder, that was some debugging info left on by mistake. CS bug is present (Steam)

No idea if it is Steam or the drivers tho...

I dont have a problem with cs... I dunno what it is that you are experiencing EP...

the steam thinger is still beta right ? perhaps there is a problem with certain setups... I am not sure... so far I have had 0 problems with steam...

Not tried 1.5 with it... there are some substantial menu changes tho ;)

When you guys update these drivers, do you uninstall the old ones first? What do you find is the best way to update the drivers in XP?

Originally posted by Clean_Rich
When you guys update these drivers, do you uninstall the old ones first? What do you find is the best way to update the drivers in XP?

it depends a lot on if you are experiencing problems with installing over the previous drivers...

I have no problems so I just install over the old set... some people have problems and therefore ati does suggest in those cases to uninstall the previos drivers and install the new ones..

install drivers... reboot... install control panel is my suggestion :)

(and then the WMD drivers if you have a tv tuner/aiw card from ati )

cat 3.5's droped my performance damn you ATI!!!!! DAMN YOU!!!!!!

after uninstalling the old ones 3.4, and installing new ones 3.5 i rebooted and got bsod saying page file in a non paged area with that atidriver.dll crap

Originally posted by Krux
cat 3.5's droped my performance damn you ATI!!!!! DAMN YOU!!!!!!

what did it drop the performance in ?

there were some application specific optimizations removed by ati... in 3dmark03 which will drop your overall score a max of around 1.9-3%... depending on your setup... but probably no more than 2%...

Originally posted by Ice-Freezer
after uninstalling the old ones 3.4, and installing new ones 3.5 i rebooted and got bsod saying page file in a non paged area with that atidriver.dll crap

can you remove all traces of the ati drivers from your registry/do a clean install of the 3.5's and try again ?

the bsod should not be occuring... is it an IRQ error ?

more info would be appreciated :)

cheers..

Originally posted by Sazar
what did it drop the performance in ?

there were some application specific optimizations removed by ati... in 3dmark03 which will drop your overall score a max of around 1.9-3%... depending on your setup... but probably no more than 2%...

games just had lower frame rates UT2K3 Chaser HL..... well not HL but you get me and my 3dmark03 score droped 1200points from 5k to 3800 and my rig is your old radeon a 3000+ 512DDR 400 Gigabyte Vaxp KT400 board with a fresh install of XP (just got my radeon a couple days ago) I also looked at some numbers on some german site and they said over all performance was down BUT image quality was up and performance while FSAA and ASINO was on but I can't run Halo with that stuff on it has issues right now :confused: so yah.... theres drivers are dead to me:p

I dunno I would have to say that I personally saw now change in proformance. I wanted to see if it would change the Raven Shield problems. But it didn't, still getting crappy frames in fire fights. So i haven't really had any improvment, games im playing are Raven Shield and Vietcong. Nothing new to me, guess ill just have to wait till Ubi fixes their issues.

ok cleaned up registry and hdd from all ati traces installed 3.5 and
again same problem page fault in a non page area something like that.no more info avaliable just some hex, but right now i have irq for my sblive 5.1 on 11 and 9700 on 11 as well. Also as Zansky said before i do too get crappy framerates in ravenshield in fights ofkors. That game was not near optimised for ati.

ok i was finally able to install 3.5
all i had to do was disable symantec services on startup
norton antivirus
but my perfomance in command and conquer generals has dramaticly decreased

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back