Catalyst 3.10

Hmmm, OpenGL shader support included.

Homeworld 2 working right maybe?

I'll post back with the results.

Update

:D
Works flawlessly with Homeworld 2, including tab out capability. I think they finally got it right.

Also verified in BF1942 (panning was smoother) and Empire Earth.

WELL WORTH THE DOWNLOAD!

Anybody know when the Omega version might be on its way? Ive also lost my link to the omega driver site, anybody got it handy?

the omega version should have been released already...

there was a leaked 3.10 floating round thats already been in use for a week or two...

Actually Sazar the pre-release 3.10 IS NOT the same version as the ones released here. The drivers released here are actually a few versions on from the "hotfix" version released shortly after 3.9.

Just a FYI in case you decided not to download it because you might think you already had them.

raja... they release about 6 odd drivers between each official release... I have no doubt there are going to be difference's

omega makes his drivers mixing and matching basically to find best performance/stability combination therefore if there is a leaked 3.10 based driver set prior to release of the official set he would have easily been able to come up with an omega set...

Hey Sazar, no fair,
I was only letting people know that the 3.10's are different from the Hotfix 3.9's becuase many people have claimed that they are the same version, just not WHQL'd.

Im wasnt even referring to the Omegas.

Originally posted by TheBlueRaja
Hey Sazar, no fair,
I was only letting people know that the 3.10's are different from the Hotfix 3.9's becuase many people have claimed that they are the same version, just not WHQL'd.

Im wasnt even referring to the Omegas.

:)

I was even in my prvious post :D

Originally posted by Sazar
:)

there was a leaked 3.10 floating round thats already been in use for a week or two...

I thought you were talking about the hotfix version when you said this, and the Omegas you were referring too were based on that version.

:D

the hotfix was basically renaming the AIW components properly and fixing a CoD issue...

I downloaded the Omegas. I don't like them, so I've got the 3.9s back in. Would I see a performance increase with the official 3.1s?

In addition, doesn't a higher number mean newer?

Why is it that you don't like the Omegas? The only real difference between them and the official 3.10's is that Omega tweaks the default settings in the control panel and system registry (some registry keys don't have corresponding control panel controls) to improve performance and includes some extra applications as well. I've been using them for about 3-4 versions now on two computers in our house and have had good luck with them. Additionally, as far as version numbers goes ATI is being weird with them... They're taking the entire number after the decimal as a whole.. hence 10 is higher than 9.

Syth

I didn't benchmark the 3.10 vs the earlier releases but my panning in BF9142 seemed a little smoother and HW2, an OpenGL game, plays correctly now. I was stuck at 3.4 to play HW2.

Probably worth the download, definetly worth it if you do OpenGL games.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back