case temperature question

L

loque

Hey all,

I recently bought a new aluminum case thinking it may bring down my cpu temps. But it seemed to bring them up...

My CPU temp for the 2100+ is 49/120 (C/F). does this seem a littel high to anyone else? Before I was getting about 109 deg. F.

Also, how important is the power supply fan to cooling the CPU... this new case is strange and my power supply has to be turned upside down to fit.... now the intake is the wrong side up... I dont liek doing ti but it doesnt fit well teh other way.

thanks in adavance

Nothing wrong with those temperatures but with the other issue who knows. :huh:

well I have the same processor and my cpu temp is listed at 59C and system temp at 44C. I already have 3 6000rpm case fans, 6500 rpm cpu fan, video card cooler fan, plus the PS fan. The damn thing sounds like a 747 on take off. I am not sure what more I can do to cool this thing down, other than round IDE cables, or more extreame changing to a case with cooling (Koolance, ect). Now with that said, my software that came with my motherboard (giga-byte). The utility says that the cpu and system temps are "OK" but I have also read that cpu die temps are not usually accurate. So I don't know.

Originally posted by loque
Hey all,

I recently bought a new aluminum case thinking it may bring down my cpu temps. But it seemed to bring them up...

My CPU temp for the 2100+ is 49/120 (C/F). does this seem a littel high to anyone else? Before I was getting about 109 deg. F.

Also, how important is the power supply fan to cooling the CPU... this new case is strange and my power supply has to be turned upside down to fit.... now the intake is the wrong side up... I dont liek doing ti but it doesnt fit well teh other way.

thanks in adavance

Why does your PS have to be turned upside-down to fit? The only reason I can figure is the cutout on the back for the fan, power, voltage switch, etc is set up to only go one way. If this is true, is there a way to remove the cutout plate and turn it around? What case is it? Just curious.

Case temps are fine.
I had a problem with my power supply not fitting in my case because of the grill on the under side.
Just remove the grill, put the power supply in the case, screw the grill back in (might be tricky lineing it up again). Or did I reverse the grill, can't remember (make sure the fan spins).

I did the same thing. My PS wouldn't fit unless I removed the grille. But I just left it off though. :)

great guys thanks for the replys... ahvent had much experience with this so i want really sure...

I'll try to fix the power supply thing today... I guess it just bugs me lol

scriptasylum: I didnt look to see if the grille comes off... will do though..

ya the screw holes dont line up if I put it in the right way.,.. way off..

all: would there be any advantage to getting one of those huge fans for the CPU in terms of expected life span of anything like that?

Originally posted by loque
great guys thanks for the replys... ahvent had much experience with this so i want really sure...

I'll try to fix the power supply thing today... I guess it just bugs me lol

scriptasylum: I didnt look to see if the grille comes off... will do though..

ya the screw holes dont line up if I put it in the right way.,.. way off..

all: would there be any advantage to getting one of those huge fans for the CPU in terms of expected life span of anything like that?

Well the quick answer is yes, the cooler you can keep your system the better. But you need to decide if it is worth the noise. You can buy a large fan, (make sure you can return it-no questions asked) install it and see if it reduces your case temps enough to justify the noise. Like I said in my post my PC sounds like a 747 on takeoff, and I am just barely keeping it cool.

Mav-

Unless you are o/c'ing the heck out of that 2100+ I would take a look at your system for improvements. I'm running a 2100+ with a volcano 7+ fan set on low, and 3 80mm case fans, and I run at 41c, and was running at about 45c oc'ed to 1846. I would look first to your cpu heatink/fan. There has been discussion here about making sure the heatsink is seated right, and also that you have a good installation of "silver grease". There's lots of small improvements you can make, but with all that airpower in your case, you should be running cooler than you are. Are you in a real hot room? Even if everything is connected up right, perhaps a better (is yours copper) heatsink and/or hsfan would be a worthwhile investment for $30usd or so.....

kip

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back