Case Mods

Jz1397-5

XP Bad Ass
I just made this case mod, and wanted to know what all you crazy modders thought,
POST YOURS, i want to see what you all do in your free time

Looking good Jz1397-4.
In the process of doing more case mods. Will up some pics when done. ;)

nice window mod:)
now u have to clean up those nasty power cables.....get some cable sleeves.....spiral wrap or split loom if youre lazy:)....

are you gonna do the top and the other side of the case too?

i cable sleeved all my psu connectors with this reflective cable sleeves fom heatshrink.com........definitely cleans it up alot...better airflow...so forth

if u do a top window u gotta do a dvd window mod too:)...easier than doing case window..go figure......i just added some lazer leds inside my dvd drive

i'll try to post pics.......dunno if i know how tho:)
good luck on future mods:)

personally id rather take my money and build more computers..... or at least use it for something that would help performance

its like putting centerlines on a chevette but if you must at least clean up that rats nest - all the ones i built are harnessed neatly and i don't even show them off

exactly when you have cases lined up side by side windows are useless

Quick question:
I am getting a new Case (Cheiftec) and it will be black. The main prob I have is that my CD, DVD and floppy are all PC Beige.
I know that I will need to remove the front covers of the drives. I can almost do this. (The DVD Drive I am not sure how to get the tray out. The CDRW drive has a removable front face to the tray.

But what should I use to paint the faces. Anyone know any distributors in the UK I can get the stuff from.

no but i have a network here that would put some small businesses to shame

Originally posted by gtgarside

But what should I use to paint the faces.
A good automotive grade aerosol does a good job and is easy to match.

Originally posted by spikemic
personally id rather take my money and build more computers..... or at least use it for something that would help performance

its like putting centerlines on a chevette but if you must at least clean up that rats nest - all the ones i built are harnessed neatly and i don't even show them off
It was my first mod, and i was kinda proud of it

exactly when you have cases lined up side by side windows are useless
I usually mod one case, and then leave the rest alone. I have 4 others that are not modded, it was just something to do

how boring:)

just kiddin.......i agree........but i did not make my computer all show no go:)

worked on the guts first...thats what counts right:) then started for the show.....pure asthetics.....no functionality:)........

you are right. I made sure that I like the insides before I worked on the outside. I was only $18, not like I can buy much else with that. it is something to do, and if you are one of the people that like it, do it. When I take her to lan partieseveryone likes it.

i work too much , but i see your in pa.... i have a friend that has parties out lancaster/york way. that direction any?

philadelphia which is close, what does he do? And just curious, what do you do? Building the window took an hour for me, i was suprised

accualy, no. I used a jigsaw with a small steel bit. Worked faster. Cause the cut out does not need to be PERFECTLY straight, cause the rubber molding covers it up.

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back