Case Mod Question

Cupid_Stunt

OSNN Addict
Ok I'm planning to do a few mods to a case,

Windows,lights and other stuff.
Now here's the question?

I have a ATX 250 watt Power supply that i intend to use for cooling fans and a few other bits ,
the case has a 300 watt supply fitted,
And the 300 will run all hardware.

I need to know a way to rig up the 250 to run the extras as a power supply has to be connected to a mother b4 it powers up,

So does any one now a workaround that will let me power up the extra power supply to run my other bits and bobs, without using a mobo ?

So come on you guys get them old brains working and help a poor guy out.

Many thanks
best regards........Cupid

The case is a full ATX/server case, so plenty of room in there for it.

I did intend to mount it inside the case, the case only comes with a 300 watt supply and thought rather than get a bigger supply I would use a spare one i have lying around.

All the power cables in the tower provided will be used for hardware.

I dont want to put any of those cable splitters in to power other components.

I just need a way to power up another supply to run fans, cathode lights, strobes etc.

I'm poor the misses dont leave me much cash B***H

Regards.........Cupid

Luckily the case does have a second mounting plate for another power unit,

Thats the easy bit ;)

4 screws and it's in.

regards.......Cupid

Originally posted by Cupid_Stunt
Luckily the case does have a second mounting plate for another power unit,

Thats the easy bit ;)

4 screws and it's in.

regards.......Cupid

so your saying it has room for the other power supply?
ok put it in cut a hole for the new power supply cord and plug it in then plug all the doodads and whatnots into it

sounds like cupid wants to know how to power up said second power supply; i think you will find the answer in this article. Good luck!

oh i see you think you have all the answers huh? lol j/p man thats good info thanks

Thanks to all especially Freightgod i checked out that link,

Did the job just as i needed, many thanks.

Will probably post a few pics once the full case mods are all done.
Thanks again

regards.........Cupid

all you need is a short wire. all you have to do is connect it to pin 4 and 6 with the clip of thge power adapter facing up and counting from top left to top right. if u connect pins 4 and 6 it will power on the power supply. koolance cases ship with a wire to do it so you can run the pump and test for leaks before you put your hardware in. if u need a diagram goto koolance.com site and download the user manual

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back