Case+CPU temp?

lieb39

Apple lover, PC User
Hello Everyone,

I did a case mod today, Added a fan on to top of my case, since I figured that heat rises. I will post pictures later, just a question. I wane to see what tempature my CPU is running at. Any easy programs to do this? I have a athlon 1900 cpu. Also, whats the tempature range for that cpu?

thanks,

lieb39

You should state what motherboard you are using in your specs page.
Gigabyte has a software what monitors the system resources/temps for their own mobos.

Sorry, I have a k7s5a mb. i tried mb5 but its too hard. anyone?

-lieb39

Do a search for speedfan

easy to use and acurate, if you dont know which sensors are for what , use AIDA32 to get all the info on your whole setup right down to the very last detail.

:)

Hey! I have same processor! Athlon right? Different mobo - but I uses MBM without real problem, except that I have to apply a cludge to adjust temp - and that involved an educated guess - currently my CPU is running at 38oC and I have the alarm set at 50oC - it rarely hits that unless I drive it hard for about a half hour...

You should be able to use MBM anyway, it worked OK for me, plus they have a BB and are pretty helpful.

I have the same motherboard with an Athlon XP 1800 and MBM works fine. Below is a set-up guide for the K7S5A and MBM5 from the K75SA forum, which can be found here:

http://pub140.ezboard.com/bk7s5amotherboardforum

Temperature/voltage monitor
Many use the freeware program MotherBoard Monitor 5 to monitor their CPU/System temperatures and voltages.
After you have installed MBM5, you need to configure it to read from the correct sensor IDs on the board.
The K7S5A has two temperature sensors, one mounted in the middle of the CPU socket (SiS950/ITE8705-3) and one mounted right of the PCI slots (SiS950/ITE8705-2):

Hope this helps

using speedfan. end of that story haha. next step. over clocking.. is there just a simple app out there that i can just slide a bar, i had one like that for my geforce card. i know every setup is different, but approx. how fast can i athlon 1900 be clocked to using standard fans.. no water cooling..

-lieb39

lieb93, i gots a question for you: After you did the case mod and added the fan, what was the average drop in temperature? cause i was thinking about doing the same thing to my case.

Hmm a lot. I did this to make my pc quiet.. Now I am only running on that one fan (other than my cpu and psu) average drop rate? not sure.. i never checked before because i always had my case open. but a lot, think about it, heat rises ;-). Right now there is just a box where the air comes out (pretty strong too) but i'll get a grill soon. very easy job too.

-lieb39

great, i was planning on doing it, cause heat rises. but i wanted to rewire the inside of my case.
plus, im kinda lazy. :D

i hear ya, im lazy too. but i needed a friday night project, and i figured this out help out my heat problem. you should see my cabling in my case.. its really bad.. actually, here is my case (before the project tonight.. see how bad the cabling is? i haven't done a thing about it haha

Picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 3

Picture 4

-lieb39

lemme tell you lieb if you puch that processor it gets hot fast! Can rise as much as 20oC in about two minutes - and if you hit 80 or so oC then it fries! Just a warning.. o/c can be OK, but not if you start playing DOOM! and don't have MBM monitoring!

Originally posted by MainframeGuy
lemme tell you lieb if you puch that processor it gets hot fast! Can rise as much as 20oC in about two minutes - and if you hit 80 or so oC then it fries! Just a warning.. o/c can be OK, but not if you start playing DOOM! and don't have MBM monitoring!

Thanks for the warning. I'll just stay away from oc'ing. If I need more speed it's time for a new motherboard, and CPU. And more RAM.. and a bigger HDD.. and I could use a LCD.. and a dvd burner.. damn. Thats going to be a while until I get that cash haha.

-lieb39

wow, thats a really big psu. anyway, how bout some "After" pics?

I have a 550W dual fan PSU, with 5 case fans, a Coolermaster Aero 7 Lite processor fan, some Coolermaster Premium thermal compound and a very airy case, and Im cool as an Arctic winter.

Originally posted by Unleashed
I have a 550W dual fan PSU, with 5 case fans, a Coolermaster Aero 7 Lite processor fan, some Coolermaster Premium thermal compound and a very airy case, and Im cool as an Arctic winter.

and i bet it is noiser than concorde on take off!!:eek:

With 2 hard drives, and a graphics card fan, its reasonable :p
Nah, its ok, I survive but it is a little noisy. It doesnt bother me too much really, I just turn the music up a bit louder :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back