Case cooling/mod advice

S

Sh|te

I need to know general info, tips etc on case cooling, fan installation, air flow, best fans and mods, etc.
if you have any pictures of your cases i would love to see em.

Kind regards
Steve

In general.

For fans:
intake in the front low in the case
exhaust in the back high in the case
(for the above, I recommend the Smart Case Fan II or similar)

Use rounded cables to improve airflow

Stick as many fans as you can :)

Thermaltake makes good fans.

I have a lot of fans in my system. 3 intake fans on the front, one on the side, 4 outtake, one hard drive cooler, one video card cooler, one fan that i sticky taped inside of the case, and the Cpu cooler.

lol.

It runs system temp at : 27C in the winter time
and CPU, amd XP1900 at :30C in winter time, 35C under load :)

Originally posted by Nick M
Stick as many fans as you can :)

Thermaltake makes good fans.

I have a lot of fans in my system. 3 intake fans on the front, one on the side, 4 outtake, one hard drive cooler, one video card cooler, one fan that i sticky taped inside of the case, and the Cpu cooler.

lol.

It runs system temp at : 27C in the winter time
and CPU, amd XP1900 at :30C in winter time, 35C under load :)

nick... NICK... NICKY BOY...

oh I forgot.. he can't hear me coz he's deaf from all the noise from the 50 billion fans he has :cool:

lmao... sorry could not resist..

personally I have 4 case fans.. 2 in... 2 out...

cpu never above 40C unless I oc it to 1.75/1.8ghz... and this is in florida mind

fall temps hover closer to 35-37 on load...

case temps normally in the 30-33 deg range... in fall its been in the upper 20's

I have a 120mm intake
two 80mm exhaust in back
one 80mm exhaust in side panel
one slot fan under video card

Don't use a case--works great for me! :D

Seriously, here are some screen shots

frontoverview.jpg

frontzoom.jpg

sideview.jpg

I do intend to get a case as soon as I get a new mobo. Personally, I have though about buying one of those small refrigerators and putting everything in there. :)

Am I on drugs? Maybe....:rolleyes:

(PS-If you do the fridge thing, be sure you put a dehumidifier inside of there as well to lower the dew point which will prevent condensation from killing you system.)

I wouldn't have believed it without pics. I can just see my cat getting into that. :eek:

Originally posted by xsivforce
I wouldn't have believed it without pics. I can just see my cat getting into that. :eek:
Yea, If I had pets this would be a no go.

Originally posted by adek
Jmtyra, what do you do about the dust???
Good question. So far, this has not been a problem--going on 3 months now. I don't live out in the country (like I used to) or this would be a problem because of all the dirt roads. Either there is not a lot of dust in this region or I am lucky. :happy:

lucky u opened me case up after 6 months and there was more dust in there than a camels underpants, or is that sand??

I have 4 thermal senseing ultra quiet enermax stealth fans... Ill send em all to you for 25 bucks lol.. I just got my panaflo ones hehehe THese bad boys you cant even hear em at full speed.. My computer is so quiet now now... weeeee

Yea, I have seen a few cases that are scary. :eek: I wonder if there is more dust or air in some of them... :D

I have two panaflo fans in the front. sucking in threw the grill and filter... and 2 panaflo fans in the back blowing out. I use the system where you suck in the front.. blow out the back.. I also have a volcano 9 with thermal and Im replacing the fan in muh power supply to a panaflo...

Wow ... Thanks fellas for all your info and ideas, and "Jmtyra"
that truly is an "External" pc ya got there.

Kind Regards
Sh|te

Originally posted by Sh|te
Wow ... Thanks fellas for all your info and ideas, and "Jmtyra"
that truly is an "External" pc ya got there.

Kind Regards
Sh|te

Thanks, Sh|te! :happy: I strive to please. :rolleyes:

gonna hav some new pics here pretty quick.. building the 5 port hub.... RIGHT INTO THE COMPUTER! HAHAHAHAHA IM A CRAZY MAN! not only original.. Very necessary

Are you able to draw me a DFD ... well more like a AFD = air flow diagram, showing were fans should be and the direction of heat and air flow??

Regards
Steve

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back