Case and Power Supply Recomendations

• Thread starter Athalonxp1800gu
  • Start date
A

Athalonxp1800gu

Hello I was just wondering since im building my first computer which case and power supply I should use. I plan on using an Amd Athalon XP1800 and the 817LR (pc chips) motherboard. Probably upgrade to a volcano fan, Ati Radeon 7000 graphic card...and probably just a pci128 sound card (onboard sound isn't that great right?) and the usual dvd and cdrw drives, and the 3.5 inch floppy and internal 250mb zip drive. Any helps greatly appreciated. Thanks

I cant recommend any case , there's so many out there and we dont know your budget.

As for power supply dont touch anything under 300 watts,
if you intend to make any upgrades from your usuall stuff I would recomend looking for 400 watts..

Hope it helps a lil bit.

regards........Cupid

i agree, it all depends upon your price range.

i agree with the 2nd point also, get at least a 400 watt PS. depending on how much hardware you'll have in your system, that extra power would definitely help.

Well im pretty much a tightwod and preferably a mid to large size tower would be nice, thanks for the input

Namebrands: Enermax and Antec...you can't beat em w/ a stick! :D

I'd go with Chieftech/Antec also. I use those cases in almost every computer I build anymore.

Dead post

LoL I didnt know my post could come back from the dead! :eek:

Sorry, my bad. Wasn't even paying attention to the date. *smacks head*

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back