carpal tunnel syndrome

I sometimes have my hands both go numb, especially when for a long day all I have been doing is typing and other such tasks. English essay's suck :p

Congratulations, you have CTS. I'd lose feeling in my ring and pinkie fingers, had to shake it out.

Damn, Now im gonna be paranoid...
What does it mean when my hands feel very cold often? like in room temp i cant get them hot.

reynauds disease...this usually and typically affects women, but has been known to affect males.

My mother has it, i suppose it could be hereditary, its not really bad, but if im lying down it becomes evident...

I found this link interesting and full of good information, especially the comment about computer use not causing CTS - just above the What Increases Your Risk paragraph in the link!

I thought I had it a few years ago, but I guess it wasn't really anything.

Does weight training help to strenghten and prevent CTS?

kcnychief said:
Does weight training help to strengthen and prevent CTS?

This is nothing but my personal opinion - I would say no!

Why?

Because it is a problem with the "tightness" of the tunnel where the nerves/tendons pass thru within the wrist! So if you build muscle around the wrist, it could constrict it even more!

CTS is caused by repetitive movement, not necessarily by the weight of the movement, but by the movement itself!

Does that make sense??

if i use the mouse too much in a day my hand hurts but no numbness. so i just limit my mouse usage or try to

I didnt think you could get it from using a mouse...
Guess i was wrong :)

damnyank said:
This is nothing but my personal opinion - I would say no!

Why?

Because it is a problem with the "tightness" of the tunnel where the nerves/tendons pass thru within the wrist! So if you build muscle around the wrist, it could constrict it even more!

CTS is caused by repetitive movement, not necessarily by the weight of the movement, but by the movement itself!

Does that make sense??
That does make sense, guess I just hope I don't get unlucky :(

Im not sure that weightlifting would do damage, in fact, ill bet it can not at all.
It probably would increase blood flow and such.
Also, if you keep your wrists straight (forearm straight) can u get it?

Mike, if you are really concerned, you could always get Voice Recognition Software, such as Dragon Naturally Speaking 8.0

Wow, I'm a genuis :p

kcnychief said:
Mike, if you are really concerned, you could always get Voice Recognition Software, such as Dragon Naturally Speaking 8.0

Wow, I'm a genuis :p

I love my voice recognition software. I could read a novel and as long as I read it clearly Dragon NaturallySpeaking 8 .0 would translate it all into text for me. You're just jealous that you can't talk to your computer like I can talk to my computer.

PS: I responded to your post with my voice recognition software

You dont want to tell me the price of the speaking device?
ok, i could just look online...
A weak wrist isnt a simple of it is it? Today my right wrist simply got weak with tingling pains...

I've tried that Dragon Naturally Speaking and the bloody thing didn't like my accent :dead: :laugh:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back