Capture from Webcam

N

NegativeFactor

Can anyone suggest a really simple little utility that will simply give me the ability to capture pictures from my webcam?

Cheers,

Fwink is a free and open source webcam application for Windows. It takes images from your camera at timed intervals and puts them on your web site with FTP (or can store them on your hard drive as well). You can add effects like text messages and time stamps.

I use it myself. It's really tiny, and does it's job well. :)
Link to Fwink

SpeedY: Have you tried Dorgem yet? How does it compare with Fwink?

I'm using dorgem all the time now :) Only because I'm using the server mode though, if I only wanted FTP, then Fwink would be the #1 choice :D

Do any of these apps have a timed video capture function? I've used Capture Studio Pro, but it is full of bugs which gets pretty annoying.

Is the camportal working for you ?
Seems to be screwed here :confused: hammer refresh a few times and it works though... I'm just confused.

ditto speedy took a refresh........

said it was forbiden or sumin

ummm redirecting..................back to itself :p

No, It's redirecting from index.htm to index.php because Windows Server 2003 is utter **** :mad:

Sorry for breaking up the converstation but thatnks for solving my problem. I'm using Dorgem, works a treat, thanks.

Continue talking now..

Heh, cool :D

As regards to the webcam portal, the re-direct has been removed and the provider is looking into it.
So until everything is fixed, just open http://camportal.co.uk/index.php or whack refresh a few times to get it working.
btw: I hate Windows server 2003 :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back