Capture card

A

angel5

First off sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place.

Can anyone give me some advice on buying a capture card.

I have have a camcorder that is about 7 years old so I assume it's analogue. What I want to do is to transfer these tapes onto my computer, with a bit of editing. But I want to burn them to CD so that they can be watched on TV as well.

Grateful for any help as I,ve looked at so many and not sure if they will do what I want. Plus it's all a bit beyond me.

Thanks

:confused:

This is quick, cheap and easy!,
if your graphics card dosent already support it then just get a cheap tv card, you only want the tv-in. (Dont confuse this with tv-out, for watching your computers output on a tv screen). Then you just have to hook up the video (and sound too) from the cam to the computer, and in xp use windows movie maker if you want it to be really easy.
cheers big ears, and remember
pork is not a verb

Thanks for that but with windows movie maker can I burn them to cd so I can play them on a normal DVD player. I did not think I could do this as when I burn to cd I use Prassi Primo DVD and this only allows me to burn mpeg files as a video cd.

Thanks again.

You need to convert the .avi file that you save or export from Windows Movie Maker into an .mpeg file.

Here's the TMPGEnc software to encode to mpeg and a link to a tutorial....

I use Prassi for all my DVD burning...sweeet!!!!

http://www.vcdhelp.com/tmpgenc.htm

Cheers Zodiaq

Thats all I needed to hear. I was looking at Pinnacle or Dazzle but was not to sure if it would do what I wanted.

Just needed advice from someone with a bit of knowhow as I haven't got a lot.

Now I will go out and buy it and hopefully have some fun with it.

Thanks again

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back