cant work broadband after install

forcer

OSNN Senior Addict
i formatted my computer and ever since i cant get back online using BB.

as soon as i turn my computer on i get the message:

your network adaptor ESS ES2846 home phone networking adaptor(0001) is not working properly. you may need to set it up again. for further information see the networking troubleshooter in help.

ive tried removing my modem and installing it, reinstallled it but nothing seems to work, ive also removed all the stuff in network and installed again but nothinf fixes is, when i try to install it says it cant find a file, i located it at c:\windows\system\ but i still get the same error and even get it if i skip the installation of that file.

i have no clue how ti fix this help appreciated?

maybe check if there are new drivers for the network card???

Its looking for a .inf file for you modem....it will be on the floppy disc that came with the modem...apparently XP does not have drivers for your modem.

i tried searching my installer disk for the drivers but its not finding it.

your network adapter is your network interface card.

try this:

1) uninstall the card in device manager, then shut your system down.

2) uninstall the card from the mobo.

3) find another open pci slot, insert the card, boot up and let xp auto-detect it.

4) go to the manufacturer's website, download the latest drivers for your card.

hope this works. :)

do you need RAS PPPoE or anything like that installed, I had to have that at home for BB to work

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back