cant send files / whiteboard / remote assit with MSN

J

jkoXP

we both have windows xp, messenger 4.7

firewall dissabled

always says:
Kristi does not have Whiteboard installed (or it is disabled) and is not able to accept your invitation

she has it installed and so do i... i can send files to my other pcs on my network here.. just not over the internet..? any suggestions?

.......i got the same prob........SORT OF
i can send over the internet to ppl......
but not over my home network to my other computers........anyone knw y?

kristi can send me files (she is with a diff ISP)
and i can receive them just fine

i can send files to someone on my home network just fine...

but i cannot not send kristi anything... it fails..

:confused: :confused:

could this b a networkin prob?....(mine)??? :S.........should this b moved to networking?....or posted there too or something?

might have something to do with a some services not running if you've tweaked them:

Services

check out 'Services 411'

Usually this type of problem is caused by a firewall (on one or both ends), one or both of you are using NAT, an ISP proxy server, or an ISP blocking a port that Messenger needs for file transfer. Since you didn't provide much info on what type of connections you and your friend have, what firewalls yall are using (or have installed) it is hard to try to tell you where to start looking.

My recommendation to you is for both you and your friend to get ICQ and use it for file transfers, from my experience there are fewer problems transfering files using ICQ and if the transfer doesn't complete for some reason, like one of you losing your connection, when you resend the file you are given the option to resume the transfer from where it stopped. This is a significant advantage if one of you is on a slow connection and you are sending large files.

lol i cant send at all on msn etc except icq my isp does block my ports tho so i know why it sounds like either that for you OR could be your local routers is blocking outgoing **** and allows it on your home network

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back