cant see ram on video card

canadian_divx

Canadian_divx
i have a gforce ti 4200 128mb ddr, and i just checked to see waht drivers i was running and i saw that it only said it was 64mb ram now 128, anyidea on why this is happening???

ok i reinstalled drivers and re started, no change
in the bios it says 128mb.
video card manual says 128mb
not overclocked.
umm that is all i can think of to try to find this out.

Have you tried running Aida to see how that is seeing your card. It might just be reporting 64mb as a typo.

adia reports it as 64mb
i just thought of this, i have a secondary ATI 64mb PCI AIW card for my analog capature nad TV, it is 64mb would this be affecting my main card? which is in the AGP. just thought about it not too sure if it is possable but yea

Guessing here. Could you maybe disable the second card from within the device manager. You might have to reboot but windows should then only see the 128mb........maybe.

tryed that, no go. i also tryed totaly taking the card out and removing all nvidia files from my system then reinstalling the card
no change, i am gonna try the card in anouther computer to see waht it says

I thought taking the card out all together would fix it for sure. Good 'ol windows. Hope you sort it out.

are u sure it is 128 mb because gainward and chaintech make these cards in 64 mb ??

no wait did some searching and there is alot makers for this card my bad :)

i am sure it is 128 becasue i put it in anouther PC (briefcase mod) and it saw it as a 128, does anyone know how to fix this without reforatting?

Originally posted by canadian_divx
i am sure it is 128 becasue i put it in anouther PC (briefcase mod) and it saw it as a 128, does anyone know how to fix this without reforatting?

is sandra also reporting as a 64mb card ?

I am also inclined to think it might just be a 64mb card...

post what sandra reports it as... possible with a jpg showing the details...

also... in your bios make sure that primary card is listed on your AGP... not pci... (just have to change from PCI to AGP if it isn't that already )

it is all set properly in bios nad even when i turn the computer on and it says the video card name it says 128mb, the car was bought as a 128mb, was running like that before. so i am pretty sure that it is

Originally posted by canadian_divx
oh yea pic

here yea go

do you have sisoft sandra ?

see if you can report using that...

Just for grins. When you used to see it as a 128 card were you using an older detonator?

PS Life in ATI land is wonderful. Been using the same driver for 6 weeks since I got the card. ;)

looks like it might just be a 64mb card :eek:

In aida32 look in the physical devices section and see what it says for your card? Mine shows exactly right ....

Bus 1, Device 0, Function 0 MSI Ti4200-8X (MS-8894) Video Adapter

well in the other computer it is the most up to date, but as it is now the summer and school is now over, i formatted and it now shows it as a 128mb card. wierd that it is like that but yea

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back