cant see new HDD

canadian_divx

Canadian_divx
i installed a new WD 40gb drive as a secondary slave with my burner as primary and i cant see the HDD, when i first booted up in windows it said new hardware found and ready to use, in the system device manager i can see it there and get all info about it but in my computer i cant access the drive, HELP!!

cant see hdd

if you are attaching a second hdd.. it must go onto the primary ide as a slave to your first hard drive...
otherwise windows wont see it !!
or so i was told by someone once !!!

right click "my computer", explore, right click on the new drive and choose format. Choose ither NTFS or FAT. What ever your heart desires.

Re: cant see hdd

Originally posted by michael.grant8
if you are attaching a second hdd.. it must go onto the primary ide as a slave to your first hard drive...
otherwise windows wont see it !!
or so i was told by someone once !!!

this is not true. You can make it a slave off a CD-Rom as he has done.

Sorry about first post, you replied as I replied. Have you double checked the jumpers? Also WD has a good install disk you can find on there site. Easiest to installing a HD in my option

i checked the jumpers on both and hdd and the cdrw but i will head over to there site to get that installer thing

thanks you people for all the help on this one, it is now up and running, now to just fill it up LOL

Filling it up is easy. according to the guru's of computer system administration any time you double system capacity the new capacity will be consumed within 6 months.

I beleive. Doubled mine last Sept. and I started pruning to make room last night.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back