cant see computers on network

canadian_divx

Canadian_divx
ok i just installed my xp and thought that it was all up and running and i set up my internet but i cant get to any of the computers on my network (my internet is on the same network) but i can get onto the net, i have all of the most recient drivers, and softwear that i can find and i have reinstalled the nic card twice but there is no luck, any help would be nice

it gives me the error message: mshome is not accessiable. you might not have permission to use the network resource, contact the admin..........
network path was not found

make sure there sharing files are setup and are you running a hub or router?

i am running a roughter and all of the sharing settings are correct. if i go from anouter computer i can see it but i cant access it

did you turn off the XP firewall? that might be why its not letting you get on the puter

ok...so you have a router. that means you use a private ip range. thats as easy as setting ur router to hand out as many ip addresses as you have computers. and making sure those computers are using those addresses. now, the "other" computers on ur network. what are they??? win98, winME???

oDin.

ok i fixed it

there is a stupid bug in the router firm ware i just upgraded it with the newest one that they just e-maild me with

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back