Cant run Win... frozen on "verifying DMI pool data"

S

steveklebs

Hey everyone,

When I try to turn on my machine, windows wont load, I just get the BIOS screen which says... "verifying DMI Pool Data"

I need to know how to fix this ASAP.

Thanks in advance.

-Steve

was windows running before? if so, what all did you install/change before it stopped working?

Bios flash indeed.
But why not trying to set the bios to its defaults ? With the clear CMOS jumper on your mobo.
What's your mobo ? Your config ?

First maybe tell us what yer system config is, MoBo, Memory, HD, Vid Card, etc... And what you have done to it. Also did it boot at all. or is it something that just occured?

Did you tweek anything in the BIOS?

You could set all BIOS settings to default and reboot, see what happens.
Have you done a memory upgrade?
Check all connections to and from MoBo, HD, Memory Sticks (Modules) and all Cards that are installed.

Hey everyone...

I think the drive is totally dead. Luckily, a friend had an extra 40 gig hard drive lying around. I am now using that as the primary drive. My only question is, how can I set it up for the old one to be the slave to see if I can access my files?

If you removed it already, switch the jumper(s) on the back of the HD to the *Slave* position. I don't know what type of HD it is so I can't tell you what pins are what. You can go the the HD manufacturers web site and get that info.

Then reconnect the old HD to the ribbon cable, but on the second plug/connector. Not on the first one where you have the 40 GIG on. Make sure the 40 GIG is set to *Master* with it's jumper(s).

When you reboot it should be recognized by the BIOS and by Windows.

But it also depends on how bad the HD is, if it's DEAD-DEAD (does not spin up at all) you may not be able to access it at all.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back