Can't read discs burned with LG drives

Mr. K

OSNN Occasional
There seems to be a problem between LG and me.

Whenever I use discs (CD-R(W) or DVD-R(W)) created by LG burners on other LG drives they always work perfectly. But when I try those discs on different drives (reputable ones I know that work, such as Plextor and Pioneer) it's like Windows doesn't even see a disc in the drive.

Right now I have a DVD-RW disc burned with Nero on an LG DVD burner. It reads fine on the original burner, it reads fine on an LG DVD reader, but it's invisible to my Pioneer DVR-107D. DVD Identifier gives the error, "Incompatible medium installed [02/30/00]."

Can anyone confirm this? Is it a known issue with LG drives? And more importantly, is there any way around the problem (other than buying an LG drive)?

Many thanks.

I think the read problem may be with the Pioneer drive not the LG. I had a friend of mine that had a Pioneer drive (not sure now what drive he had it was awhile back) and had the same problem reading.

Also check for a firmware update.

This article is from march 2004 so there might be a firmware update by now?

http://www.cdfreaks.com/article/137/3

bush dogg said:
I think the read problem may be with the Pioneer drive not the LG. I had a friend of mine that had a Pioneer drive (not sure now what drive he had it was awhile back) and had the same problem reading.

Also check for a firmware update.

This article is from march 2004 so there might be a firmware update by now?

http://www.cdfreaks.com/article/137/3
you can also go to RPC1 Firmware Page and find your optical drive model.
If you're not sure about which one to pick then you can download Disck Info 1.55 from here

but your page looks really interesting i like it

I applied the latest firmware but it did not solve the problem. What makes me think the problem lies with LG is that I've found the same problem sometimes occurs using other non-LG drives. And sometimes I can read LG-burned discs just fine... there's no consistency.

Thanks for the insight, though.

I had the same thing happen on a DVD-CDR combo. After about teh thousandth disk I out through it wouldn't play DVD's anymore. Then it started mis-writing every few disks, and eventually it would write the first couple minutes of a music CD or a hundred MB, then nothing.

Try writing at a lower speed and or a darker disk.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back