cant play CS

S

SnOOp

every since i loaded XP i have not been able to play counter-strike. when the game start to load it kicks back to the mail screen and tells me my opengl driver is not correct. i have tried downloading the new wickedgl drivers and still no luck. Please dont tell me to replace my crap voodoo4 card. my apg slot wont power the geforce 2 ti i just bought. HELP PLEASE need to kill!!!

I did a uninstall on CS and reloaded and reinstalled the update, and the wickedgl drivers. now i can play again. now it hangs i play for a few minutes and the game hangs. have to restart the pc to get out

Originally posted by SnOOp
every since i loaded XP i have not been able to play counter-strike. when the game start to load it kicks back to the mail screen and tells me my opengl driver is not correct. i have tried downloading the new wickedgl drivers and still no luck. Please dont tell me to replace my crap voodoo4 card. my apg slot wont power the geforce 2 ti i just bought. HELP PLEASE need to kill!!!

What do you mean won't power your geforce 2 ti? what is the wattage of your power supply?

I dont know the voltage on it. Its an American Megatrends motherboard with a 1x agp slot. I plugged the Gforce in had no video and tha fan on the cars was not working. I have decided on the Soyo Dragon Plus to replace with. (motherboard) Lets see if that helps any on the prob. Now if it would just quit looping the sound. I can play one round or hours but it will always lock up. only way to get out is power cycle the damn thing.

I dont know the voltage on it. Its an American Megatrends motherboard with a 1x agp slot. I plugged the Gforce in had no video and tha fan on the cars was not working. I have decided on the Soyo Dragon Plus to replace with. (motherboard) Lets see if that helps any on the prob. Now if it would just quit looping the sound. I can play one round or hours but it will always lock up. only way to get out is power cycle the damn thing.

One problem at a time. ;) The Soyo Dragon is a good motherboard. My neighbor had it, til he sold his pc.

Nvida recommends at least 300w power supply. Look on the power supply it will tell you the wattage.

Which fan isn't working? The one on the video card? If so, that could be because there isn't enough power.

What kind of sound card do you have?

I was having severe problems with CS, but that GOD driver fixed it. Although, when installing it, I had a few errors. But, nonetheless, it worked. . .THANKS

Originally posted by Speed4Ever
http://www.voodoofiles.com/

Try the GOD drivers.

Post back results if you could...

Thanks...

Speed4Ever: I had the same problem as Snoop, and I took your advice. Went to http://www.voodoofiles.com and download the files. Did the wrong thing at first, I used the "repair" option in the setup file... then I read the Readme, removed the current voodoo files on my computer, adn then installed using the GOD Setup.

Works like a charm, granted WindowsXP isnt the greatest thing going from game to desktop, but hey I play CS great and got a score of 22-5 on Assault. :)

I am so happy, CS works perfect! I heard from some other people that their voice chat was all screwy, mine works fine. You helped me soo much, thank you!

Zip Trix,

you were right on the power supply is only 250 watt. Looks like a new case. needed one anyway. i changed out to Sound Blaster with the phillips 706. Dont know what i think about it yet. its wont play during the game. might be taking it back. Its all i could find. might have to order one. Jackel and punk thanks I wil try and load the god drivers. I hope that keeps the game from locking up. I just want uninterrupted play. It never fail if i'm getting my ass kicke it doesnt lock up. If i'm doing aq little ass kicking it always locks up. Thanks for all the help guys. kiiep it coming:D

Originally posted by Punkrulz

Speed4Ever: I had the same problem as Snoop, and I took your advice. Went to http://www.voodoofiles.com and download the files. Did the wrong thing at first, I used the "repair" option in the setup file... then I read the Readme, removed the current voodoo files on my computer, adn then installed using the GOD Setup.

Works like a charm, granted WindowsXP isnt the greatest thing going from game to desktop, but hey I play CS great and got a score of 22-5 on Assault. :)

I am so happy, CS works perfect! I heard from some other people that their voice chat was all screwy, mine works fine. You helped me soo much, thank you!

Glad I could help :)

Actually. it was a stab in the dark :D . I'd heard news of it on the net, and figured it was worth a try.

Merry Christmas.

Well,

I dont know if it will prevent it from locking up. I know that when you described your problem, mine was the same. I kept trying to play wtih 3dfx Mini Driver on the VooDoo3, and it kept saying that this openGL mode is not supported by my video card.

Then I tried installing my drivers adn they couldnt register, thus they wouldnt work. Then I came here, saw the god drivers and thats what fixed it. :)

Zip Trix,

you were right on the power supply is only 250 watt. Looks like a new case. needed one anyway. i changed out to Sound Blaster with the phillips 706. Dont know what i think about it yet. its wont play during the game. might be taking it back. Its all i could find. might have to order one. Jackel and punk thanks I wil try and load the god drivers. I hope that keeps the game from locking up. I just want uninterrupted play. It never fail if i'm getting my ass kicke it doesnt lock up. If i'm doing aq little ass kicking it always locks up. Thanks for all the help guys. kiiep it coming:D

You might be able to change just the power supply. Look into that first, or if you want a new case, that is cool too. ;)

Originally posted by ZipTriX

You might be able to change just the power supply. Look into that first, or if you want a new case, that is cool too. ;)

In most areas, theres more bang-for-the-buck if you get case w/PS. Plus it can get difficult to find a separate power supply anywhere except the net.

It should only be about $50-75 for a good case and PS.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back