Cant Overclock Threw Bios

C

cs-cky

I HAVE A HUGE PROBLEM....
I CANT OVERCLOCK MY FSB THREW MY BIOS. I HAVE A ASUS A7N266-VM MOTHERBOARD. CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO OVERCLOCK MY CPU.

read your manual. you most likely need to set your FSB by changing jumpers.

Originally posted by cs-cky
I HAVE A HUGE PROBLEM....
I CANT OVERCLOCK MY FSB THREW MY BIOS. I HAVE A ASUS A7N266-VM MOTHERBOARD. CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO OVERCLOCK MY CPU.

:)

please refrain from using capitals unless you are acentuating a single word or something along those lines...

all caps == shouting and is a bit put-offish :)

cheers...

no

i am planning to get a AMD alothn xp 1700+ jiuhb to overclock alot. there is a jumper setting but thats not what i want. i want to do it threw voltage. i can get a xp 1700+ running at 2.4 ghz with overclocking

I can solve this one for you. To put it frankly the Asus a7n266-vm cant be overclocked. Not many MAtx boards can. You will find boards that can few and far between. I have personally destroyed this exact motherboard trying to get it to overclock. I even did some soldering on the motherboard id you can beleive that. I couple of MAtx boards than can overclock is an Fic at-31 fusion extreame board. It offers very moderate overclocking and about 3 options to do it. 140fsb is it. To my delight and that of many MAtx lovers biostar has currently released a MAtx nforce 2 board. Yup you got it. The biostar M7ncg. The good thing about this board unlike the a7n266-vm is that in its MAtx form it still supports nvidia's dual channel memory support. Meaning more bandwidth for EVERYONE. I beleive in my knowledge this board is as overclockable as the full atx versions.

Wildcat Computers
Shaun Fosmark

It's not the board, it's the chip. The Athlon chips (lower end ones up to like 2100's) have the multipliers locked. You have to bridge the L1 gap to OC them.

i want to do it threw voltage

HUH? You can't just up the voltage to OC a chip. You have to up the FSB and/or the Multiplier. In doing these you will find that you might need to up the voltages a little to compensate, but you can not do it through voltage only. If you are a newbie with OCing I suggest you hit http://www.tomshardware.com or http://www.hardocp.com and educate yourself

Acctually... it is the board. The motherboard he has, has absolutly no fsb options or multiplier options. So whether he had a locked cpu or not it wouldnt matter. I know because i have personal experience with the exact motherboard. If some of the older members remember an older post I had that I took a vote whether or notI should solder on the board to enable fsb options. Didnt work, destroyed the board. Oh well.

Yeah it is possible to overclock this motherboard. I haven't tried it myself yet as I won this exact board, but there is a soldering mod available to allow overclockabilty. I forgot the website with instructions but it was some forum with alot of succesful replies.
Search Google for this website...

Well if you find it please post it. Id like to see it done.

Overclocking this board Mod

Hi,
I found a link to that forum which I said i'll look for. Please remember I have not personally tried this mod yet, but if you read throught the 10 pages of the thread you'll see some people have had a sucessful mod. Please may I advise you to read carefully if you am to proceed as it can destroy your motherboard and I take no responsibilty! You may need to have a pacific BIOS version installed and things so read everything! P.S I think page 10 has a nice simplified guide with some pics.
Good luck
Here the link for you guys anyway

CLICK HERE FOR THE MOD SITE THING LOL

Thanks

Oh wicked, I got my hands on a soldering iron and done the mod on page 10 of the link I gave you. And it worked perfect with my AMD Atholon 1800+ now @ 2.03Ghz...!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back