Cant Install XP. Help!

B

Blacksmith

I recently got xp pro. so i formatted my hard drive and tried to load it from a ME boot disk. i got it to copy files and after it was done it asked me to reboot so i did. this is where it get ugly. after i reboot it wont finish where it left off during the install. after i boot it say please hit any key( where is the anykey? hehe ) to reboot like i never started the install. i boot with my bootdisk and i can see all the temp files it created. what happened? i did this 3 times and the same errors.

my PC is this:
1.7 intel
abit TH7 mobo
128mb ramus
adaptec aha 2940 SCSI controller
9 gig seagate SCSI HD
SCSI CD ROM
SCSI CD BURNER

Simply look in your BIOS to boot from the cd.. follow instructions and format the desired partition and continue the install ! :)

Did u hit F6 and install the scsi driver for the scsi controller.

I think he is installing from the boot from cd-rom. XP-pro does not install from dos.

Try remove the disk beform reboot:cool:

ep0niks is right. What you need to do is set your bios to boot from cd. it will automatically run the install program from the XP cd and everything should be good to go barring any further errors

thats another problem i have. it wont boot from the cd. it says there is a bootable cd in there, but then it says it cannot boot from the CD.

Then you must either have A. a bad cd or B. a problem with your config/bios

now is this a burned copy of xp or a store bought? if it's store bought you might try exchanging it for another copy..occsionally problems do occur..if it is a burned copy...get a better one :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back