cant get wifi to work in redhat?

ruiner_066

OSNN Addict
hey, i have just set up my new dell inspiron 600m laptop to dual boot windows xp pro & redhat 7.5, and everything is working great except for the wireless adapter. redhat wont recognize it, and dell doesnt make a driver for it. i dont know a lot about linux, so i dont really know if its possible or what...is there any way i can get it to work?
thanks in advance

its a dell inspiron 600m laptop, the name of the wireless card is
Intel(R) Pro/Wireless LAN 2100 3A Mini PCI Adapter

and im trying to install it on redhat linux 7.3

also look here
http://tuxmobil.org/dell.html

there are three 600m's which have successfully had RH installed on them. I should note though that RH is withdrawing their WorkStation version and will be doing exclusively RH for Servers. To replace the RH WorkStation they have a spin-off distro called Fedora

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back