Cant get keyboard to work

• Thread starter PlagueWielder
  • Start date
P

PlagueWielder

Hey
I just got a Microsoft Internet Keyboard (PS2) and I cant get it to work. I connected it and installed the software but it doesnt want to work.

Any ideas?

Its a Compaq pc and it originally came with a USB keyboard so could it be that they disabled the PS2 port?

Thanks

maybe check your bios see if its disabled. let windows search for new hardware?

Tried both.

I cant find anything about PS2 connections in the BIOS (its kinda minimized cause its OEM). There is an option to enable USB Keyboards and its enabled.

As for hardware detection, it doesnt detect my keyboard. I know the keyboard works cause the num lock light is on.

Anyone?

might be a silly question, but you've restarted with the ps2 keyboard in and the usb keyboard unplugged, correct? another dumb question... you sure it's not in the mouse port? also, try disabling the usb keyboard thing in the bios.

hey hats a good question bout the mouseport, had that one time when building a comp for someone. it 'didn't had the nice colour coded ports :p

Its all color coded on mine and yes it was the right port.

Anyway, I updated the BIOS and it solved the problem.

Thanks for trying. :)

I was going to suggest clearing your CMOS; it probably was disabled in your bois but under some obscure menu.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back