G

greenze

The directory contains no files ....error message

"error deleting files or folder
cannot delete file:cannot read from soure file or disk"

Anyone knows what wrong ?

:confused:
try this
reboot ctrl alt del bring up your task manager & in the process tab right click on explorer.exe & end process - hit the application tab - new task - & browse to the folder using task manager - now try & delete from within that window that should do the trick - to get your explorer back - new task & type explorer OK
;)

Still cannot be remove ...error message :
"error deleting file or folder
cannot remove folder translation : cannot find the specified file
make sure you specify the correct path and filename"

or the same error message previously ...anyone can help

yes still there after the reboot what shall I do to remove them...??

Isn't anybody going to ask?

greenze - what's the name of the folder please? And what are its attributes?

We all have to remember we are talking about folders here. Very stubborn folders. To get rid of them you have to use a prompt window & the rd (remove directory command).

Open a prompt & navigate to the offending directory (folder) then open task manager\processes & end explorer.exe. Now go to prompt windows & use the rd command not the del one. Restart explorer in task manager\applications\new task by typing explorer.exe. That should get rid of it if not try safemode or rebooting to a C:\propmt. ;)

I had that once....

You can even make a direstory right beside it with the same name and windows doesn't complain.

Attribute wise, I'll bet it has none when you click on properties!

I just hid to cos I tried everything and nothing worked!

directory been removed!!! Just follow the method ;

go to command prompt , just type rd /s /q [dir]..Make sure [dir] is in full path e.g c:\games.......thx for all the help

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back