cant delete a movie

D

DAZZ

downloaded a movie from kazaa, now i tryed to delete it 500 million times, all apps are closed, keep on sayin its being used by somthin

and plus every time i goto the folder with it in there, my computer goes slow, once i exit the folder, it goes normal again!!

help!!

cool in a little while, i will have been joined to xp-erience for a year!!!

It is because someone from Kazaa or other peer to peer software is downloading it to their computer.

Either shut down Kazaa, or other peer to peer proggy or drop your online connection.

The delete it.

welcome lex, I think you may be jumping to conclusions...

Reboot in safe mode, delete the file, then reboot to normal mode.

Why do you say that I am jumping to conclusions.

That is the most common problem with all peer to peer programs. Consider that when most people install them they don't disable automatic connect, leaving your files always available when online.

I find it rare anymore to ever have to boot into safe mood to do something.

yes but Kazaa can "hide" and appear closed, you need to remember to right click on it in task bar and select exit otherwise it just sits ready for next use

In actuality this commonly occurs when it is being locked in by explorer.exe or one of the components of Windows media player, or whatever else is used to view the clip. this can happen if you attempt to delete the file while the preview is being played in web viewed folders( where you have a lil windows that can play the movie or mp3).

I've run into this issues several times, and yes rebooting to safe mode works to delete it, however and easier way to do this is to simply open a DOS/Command prompt window and manually delete the file, as booting to safe mode does not always work.

Even if Kazaa was running explorer wills till attempt to close the file and with 2.0 lite, you will be prompted that Kazaa is using the file, however from his description this is not the case and it appears that explorer is the one giving the error code.

but then again this is my own lil techincal insight to it

aight aight cool

i went to command prompt, and did "del" and it worked, thanks 4 ur helps

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back