Cant connect to Win7 x86 laptop

Dark Atheist

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
Keep getting the error the network path was not found, thing is both are set to use the same workgroup, same ip range and subnet, the laptop can connect to the main pc but not the other way around.

net view \\hostname = error 53 path not found
net view \\192.168.1.3 = error 53 path not found

both firewalls are set to allow each other through, and netbios is on.

So im stumped atm

Found the issue and solved it, i don't know how but tcp/ip helper had been disabled - set that to automatic and start it, all is good :)

I had that once with everything turned on. Reload windows was the only published option at microsoft.....

I have seven on all my pc's and just use the homegroups :)

as posted above all works now, but i still don't like homegroups

as posted above all works now, but i still don't like homegroups

Why? I can see not using them if you have vista or something. But if you have seven on all the pc's it is pretty good to have ..

think it may have been me not understanding them as i was always getting permission denied, although i think i know what i was doing wrong ;) , i will give it another look over in the morning

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back