cant burn cd´s with xps cd burner

ludlo

OSNN Addict
i cant burn cds with the drag ´n drop function in explorer. it says that "no cd is in the drive". anyone know something i dont?

:confused:

make sure your recording speed is not set higher then what your media is rated for

Click on "My Computer" to open it

Right click on the CD burner drive and select Properties

Go to the "Recording" tab

Make sure the "Enable CD Recording on this drive" box is checked

This may be your problem and I hope it works... post back,

Regards.

I got the same problem. It hasn't worked for months and months. I think maybe one of the patches for easy cd creator screwed it up? I have reinstalled XP and done sfc /scannow
and it still does not work.

Any clues?

no but maybe it was the patch from windows update that screwed it up. it was working before i installed the patch but since i installed it i havent burned a cd with xps burner...maybe that patch turned all things backwards. if xps burner didnt work it made it working and if it was good, it made it faily...?

This one has me baffled... I don't suppose you have a Restore point you can use?

Ooo ooo ooo! Let me try...

Eh-hem; I get the same darn prompt about 60% of the time. All I do to remedy this is eject CD drawer and then send it right back in immediately (Without clicking anything on screen). Once the same blank CD goes back in, I wait for it to spin up, and Explorer (or whatever it is) basically says "Ok, there it is, thanks." and my burning process moves forward on it's own. It's almost like if you put your blank disc in, then start the burning "software" process thingy, it doesn't always see the disc, but if you start dragging and dropping and even select "Copy these files to a blank disc" before you even put the darn disc in, it will work perfectly once you do.

I hope I made sense, because I never do.

If you are using Nero you can use the 'Drive Speed' checker to see what your drive speeds' spin up and spin down times are and you can also adjust it from here. Another tool provided is 'CD Speed' which will tell you what speed your burner and CDrom drives are operating at and as before you can adjust the speed from here. Both of these tools operate independently of Nero and and they are available free from www.cdspeed2000.com

There is also a good online explanation of what each tool does... give it a go!

Regards

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back