Can't access old WinXP Install to get Faves, Documents...

losirob

OSNN Newbie
I had my motherboard die the other night while working on something for work. I replaced the motherboard/processor/RAM tonight, and attempted to boot into the old XP install - I was unable to do so. Apparently the old XP install is corrupted beyond repair (at least, as far as I can tell. I don't know how to fix the old install.)

So, I installed XP onto a different drive. Works fine, but I can't get to my old install to copy favorites, old emails, contact lists from Outlook Express, etc... When I attempt to open the necessary folders from "My Computer," I get an error of "D:/xxxx" Access Denied," where "xxx" is whatever folder I'm trying to get into.

Each logon under the old install had passwords associated with the logon.

Any suggestions?

Rob

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back