Canonical Ltd. is giving away free CDs of their Debian based desktop Linux

tdinc

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
Dang,, havent been here at the forum in a while so I figure i would bring some cool info for the OSNN members.....

Canonical Ltd. is giving away free CDs of their Debian based desktop Linux distribution
The Ubuntu team will send you Ubuntu CD's at no charge, for you to install and share. We will cover the cost of shipping the CDs to you as well. If you would like to receive Ubuntu CD's, please create a new account and tell us where to send the CD's and how many CD's you would like to receive. We promise that we will never send spam to your email address, and never sell or give away your information.

here is the link order form
http://shipit.ubuntulinux.org/user.cgi?action=new

here is the homepage
http://www.ubuntulinux.org/

enjoy people

BTW//i ordered 10 lol

You requested 20 CDs. They will be shipped the following address:

Glenn van 't Hof
n/a
Heemskerk Noord Holland
Netherlands

Click here to go back and edit or add information to your account.

Click here to log out of the system.

:D 10 x86, 5 PowerPC and 5 AMD64 CD's :D Dunno why I ordered so many, but hey, it's free :D
Thanks for the link bro/sis :)

Time to force linux down the throat of the tech people at school :p.

20 x86 (That should last me long enough, otherwise ill have to make some myself)
5 PowerPC (I have 4 friends who have an iBook. Plus me, so it is fair)
5 AMD64 (For when i get AMD 64 :p)

Nice, ordered one of each. (Unlike some, I don't take advantage of others :p)

i ordered 10 of them for some reason. Is Debian any good?

Ha just ordered 20 x86'ers, and 5 AMD64'ers.

Sharing some with the good buds of mine.

Heeter

tittle,,,,,,,,,Debian is pretty good.....even though its open source the free CDs rock! w00t!!!! BTW....my frined ordered 50 copies of each and did get all that he requested so the deal is good :)

I've been hearing lots about Ubuntu. I'm glad I can get free CDs this way.

Thanks for the link!

30 CDs coming my way.

he he he...gonna try it. Maybe send it to one of my friends? muhaaaaaa

anyway...when r they suppose to be here? like how long does it take?

i just had them send my gf 500 cds :p. She dont care so its all good

edit: make that 505

10,5,5 for me I live in england any idea were there base? Gotta love free stuff!

PPC Distributions, superb! That'll be placed onto my desktop soon then :D

Will actually get round to installing this one at some point (Unlike the SuSe CD's :p)

10,5,5 ok now what does this do? lol is it linux?

Yup, debian flavour. One of the more easier linux' to use... and handily comes in a build for PPC architecture. *does a little dance*

is it one thats just bootable? u dont have to install it, just like knopics std? btw i forgot u can have linux on macs. thats cool, hopefully ill be trying it on the g5's

They mention something about live cd's in their FaQ.

I think what we've ordered will be the install CD's though.

[edit] You can grab the ISO's from here: http://releases.ubuntu.com/warty/ (http and torrents) if you want to give it a try before your CD's arrive. Seems the live build is x86 only.

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back