Cannot update!

J.Lee

OSNN Junior Addict
Cannot load windows update page successfully on my windows xp home edition!Always stop when showing the following messege:

Checking for the latest version of the Windows Update software...

Depending on your connection speed, this might take a minute. During this time, you may receive one or more security warnings. Review each security warning to ensure that the content is signed by Microsoft, and then click Yes to install the software.

And I believe I had clear the temple files and cookies and had set all the IE 6 sp1 settings to default.

Any ideas?Thanks!

In internet explorer...go tools --> internet options click onto 'delete cookies', 'delete files' and clear history.

Click onto start---search and search for *.tmp files and delete them. Re-boot and hopefully that should fix it.

It's usually the active component that is corrupted, there are links on that page that will help you remove the corrupted one and reinstall a fresh one.

lad_in_brum said:
In internet explorer...go tools --> internet options click onto 'delete cookies', 'delete files' and clear history.

Click onto start---search and search for *.tmp files and delete them. Re-boot and hopefully that should fix it.
I had done all that you told me,but it did't works for me.

Lee said:
It's usually the active component that is corrupted, there are links on that page that will help you remove the corrupted one and reinstall a fresh one.

Thanks.But on which page I can find the links?

The update page
It may also display an error message if you search in knowledge data base for that message, it will then tlel you more.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back