Cannot right-click start menu items.

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hi Guys,

I just finished installing XPHome on a new HD for a friend. One thing that I have noticed is that I cannot right-click on "My Computer" or other items. Nothing comes up on the right click. What could be wrong?

Heeter

Yes I have, all Windows updates have been taken....SP1 and everything else was updated from site.

Heeter

No nothing, just nothing happens when I right click on any item. No errors

Heeter

O.K. goto programs, selct a program icon and see if send to desktop and create a short cut works.

Oh well,

Just started getting some errors. "lsass.exe" and I/O errors. Tried rebooting and and it went BSOD. Looks actually like a corrupted install. New, fresh out of the wrapper Windows CD, though. I don't understand.

Heeter

Just do a fresh install I spose, only other thing I could have thought might be problem of no right click would be the right click is disabeled in options.

Enjoy format and reinstall.

LOL,
New HD, New MOBO, New XPCD= BSOD in about one hour.

Thanks for your help, Lee

Heeter

Found out the problem. It was the CDRom in the tower. Third time Windows still a had troubles.
Swapped it out with another and reloaded Windows, no probs now.

Heeter

Not installation issue

Hey, I am experiencing the same thing.

Everything worked fine and has been for months. I re-installed my Intel webcam software and now I cannot right-click on anything in my Start > All Programs menu. When I right-click, you can see the menu flash open and then closed VERY quickly, kinda like the focus is being drawn elsewhere.

Anyone find a fix for this?

Windows XP Pro, SP1

Control Panel->Taskbar and Start Menu

follow the picture :)

Attachments

• untitled.PNG
    untitled.PNG
    73.1 KB · Views: 305
Thanks for the response cpugeniusmv, but I don't think you understand what I am saying:

When I click Start, go to All Programs, I cannot right-click on ANYTHING. Nornally, you should be able to right click on any item in the All Programs folder and select "Sort by name", "Send to >" and other various options... nothing happens :confused:

I just found out that it has something to do with my profile ONLY. I logged into my gf's and everything works as it should...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back