Cannot read HDD after XP failed install.

D

downunderground

I reformatted a hard drive and began to install XP. The CD was scratched up and the installation only got half way through before I had to cancel. Now my computer doesnt let me get into the hdd to reformat it again. I tried wiring it up to another computer as the slave but it pauses during boot and the hdd activity light remains on. I am thinking that the data on the hdd is all corrupted. It still recognises the drive in BIOS Setup though. I can't boot from a disk or cd to begin a new installation of Windows as the HDD light stays on and the computer freezes after it reads the boot cd/disk.

Can anyone help ?

Is there a special way to wipe hard drives clean so I can use it again ?

Geffy

OSNN Veteran Addict
check the Hard drive manufacturers website, they often have tools for drive format and setup
if you use that to format to FAT32, then you should be able to run the XP Installer and reformat the drive to NTFS

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arrangel