Cannot file/printer share thru. wireless

scsa20

Simonsoft Network
Hey all, I'm having a bit of a problem. My whole network is wireless, all computers could connect to the net, it's just that they can't see each other to do any file sharing or printer sharing. I used to be able too but onces I upgraded my old system from 98SE to XP Home, they are not able to see each other. Here's the run down:

The type of router I used is WRT54G (Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router) and have the settings to B-Only for wireless. Has no encrypition, yet. My Computer and my XBox is hook up to the ports of the router. My system is running XP Pro SP2

The family PC uses a Netgear USB Wireless Adapter (an older verson) and that system is running XP Home SP2

My laptop came with a built in wireless card which was free from dell, this laptop is running XP Pro SP1

They're all belong in the same workgroup, but they just don't want to see each other, and with the system that's running XP Pro, I tried it with and without Simple File Sharing and I still get it to work.... Any help well be helpful... thanks.

Run the network setup wizard, create the floppy it wants to and then load that onto the other computers. That's the easiest way, but not guaranteed to work. I'm just too tired to type more. Try that and see what happens.

did you recently update the frimware on your Linksys router??

I did updated the frimware sometime last month but, then again, I was still able to see all my systems... but once my sister laptop died and I updated the other system from Win98SE to WinXP Home, they were unable to see each other and I'm still trying to get my new laptop to see each other :(

You wouldn't have any firewalls running on any of the pc's?

Only my computer is using a Firewall and that's ZoneAlarm Pro and I have it so it'll accept my network (or atleast I think *goes check* For the internet zones settings, I have it on high, and then in the zones part, I added a range of IP to trust (which is for my network)). All other computers doesn't have a firewall and don't plan on using it's built in firewall. The router's firewall is also off (thinking about turning it on once I get everything working).

zonealarm is evil!!!!!

game me lots of probs with my network, i use kerio :eek:

even though i had it set in network with i.p address same as you. turn off ALL firewalls .

But why would that make any differents?? I had this firewall on since Dec. of last year and was still able to connect to my network o_O

ok, wow, that is weird... now I'm starting to see all my systems o_O I guess I'll keep my Firewall off tell I find a better way o_O

thanks for you help :)

i have no idea why zone alarm does it!!!!!

i have a wag54g linksyss + had same prob ;)
reputation.gif

is your wrt54g connecting and dropping for no reason... then it wont connect at all even though it sees the router.

yeah my friend had the same problem, but it was windows firewall.

hmm... my computer is able to connect to my family pc but it won't let me access my laptop and my laptop can't get access to the network at all (other then getting on the internet)... is it because it's running XP SP1 while all the other systems running XP SP2?? Is XP SP2 being racest of it's older Services Packs??

OK, I figured it out, I now got them to network together with ZoneAlarm on, and I remembered that my laptop uses Norton Firewall (came with the laptop), I found out I was using the wrong range of IP addresses, added the correct range and everything works just fine :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back