Cannot delete a folder

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hey Guys,

Tried everything here, trying to delete a folder, getting the "Access Denied" when I try to do anything with it, rename it, delete it, move it.

I tried deleting it in safe mode, no go, Tried it in the Doc&settings/username/localsetting/temp folder, still no go.

tried a couple of proggies that claim that they can delete it and no go either.

Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Heeter

Have you tried taking ownership of it using the admin account and the try deleting it?

Have the files been encrypted using EFS?
Are any of the files in the folder in use?

Try through a command prompt or boot to a command prompt

then just use the remove directory command, rmdir foldername (foldername is the name of the directory)

If the folder has a space in it's name then use the quotation marks around it's name. rmdir "foldername 1"

Booting to a prompt I think is the way to go.

Afterwards do the dir command and see if the folder is gone.

Good Luck. :D

Hey Guys,

Tried all the proggies listed, no go.

Taking ownership of folder? Please let me know how from here, I got XpPro.

KC, I installed this, but do not know what to do with it,

Gonaads, I tried that command line, and I cannot get to recognize the folder, Do I put in the filepath in the quotations?

Thanks to all for your responses

Hey All: Update,

I did the take ownership of folder using the admin account, like rushm001 said, and it worked. Sorry for the previous post, about not understanding the take ownership of folder. I forgot to disable simple file sharing before hand, hence, security tab was not available,

Thanks to all who responded,

Now to uninstall all these proggies,

Heeter

Glad it all worked out. Had to get rid of that 5 gig pr0n folder huh? :D

Hahaha, Good one, LOLOL, was actually 14gigs, JK

Before the wife found out, LOLOLOL

Thanks again,

Heeter

Glad you got it sorted.

FWIW, all you have to do is navigate to C:\Program Files\UPHClean\uphclean.exe and run that file.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back